P1000 DIY doors and cab enclosure

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Good report. Doc says Everything is healing good and looks good. He cut me some slack. I don't have to be face down any more but no lifting, he wants me to stay inside, he figures I can't do anything too stupid inside and I can't sit in my lazy boy. Something about reclining back with a gas bubble in your eye. Thank the man above, I'm getting there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good report. Doc says Everything is healing good and looks good. He cut me some slack. I don't have to be face down any more but no lifting, he wants me to stay inside, he figures I can't do anything too stupid inside and I can't sit in my lazy boy. Something about reclining back with a gas bubble in your eye. Thank the man above, I'm getting there.
Ok good. Now no kicking back in the recliner.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great news.

Hurry up and do what the Doc says and heal up so you can get back out there and do some more stupid stuff!!!!!

But this time...….. we need pictures!!!!!

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Great news.

Hurry up and do what the Doc says and heal up so you can get back out there and do some more stupid stuff!!!!!

But this time...….. we need pictures!!!!!
Elkguide I could post a pic but it's pretty graphic. Of course the wife has to take some to remind me of what happens when I want to do stupid s***. Lol. This by far was worst....so far....

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Elkguide I could post a pic but it's pretty graphic. Of course the wife has to take some to remind me of what happens when I want to do stupid s***. Lol. This by far was worst....so far....

We'll wait for next time BUT it had better be a good one!!!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm am for most part. Got a chance to save my eye so trust me I am. I'm not one to sit around when I'm sick and I feel perfectly fine and am supposed to be face down (preferred by doc) or on my side ( accepted by doc) for 3 weeks. Not complaining , yeah guess I am. Lol). I guess I need to look around. There is always someone worse off
Take care of your self! My prayer list is growing and your on it!

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Update: went to eye doc yesterday. Everything from retina reattachment surgery and internal clean up is healing well and doing good. Pressure is down with medication but I screwed up my plumbing and from what I understand the blood cannot flow like it should and that is why they can't take me off medication. Sounds like at least 1 more surgery to put in a shunt (tube) to correct and to reattach the iris. But as long as meds keep working they are going to let it heal up and see what kind of vision I'm going to have and how bad the cataracts are to try to do everything at once. Still no predictions on what eyesight I will have. But hey it's all better than my initial thoughts, I figured it was gone. So keep up the thoughts and prayers and who knows maybe I won't have to learn to shoot left handed. Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well damn surgery is never fun but after what you just went through one that might do the trick sounds promising. Hearing your story is a lot but it’s great that you’re still pretty upbeat. Hoping everything continues and maybe you can get out now just for a bit you’ve got to feel cooped up a bit!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Guess that is a silver lining to every cloud!!!!

It is so stinking cold out, you're lucky that you don't have to go out in it!

So glad to hear that things are healing well.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well damn surgery is never fun but after what you just went through one that might do the trick sounds promising. Hearing your story is a lot but it’s great that you’re still pretty upbeat. Hoping everything continues and maybe you can get out now just for a bit you’ve got to feel cooped up a bit!
I don't know how else to be but upbeat, i would be lying if I said I didn't have my days but sh*t I'm on the right side of the dirt and there are a lot of people that are worse off than I am.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don't know how else to be but upbeat, i would be lying if I said I didn't have my days but sh*t I'm on the right side of the dirt and there are a lot of people that are worse off than I am.
Ya I sure can’t say what happened wasn’t terrible but you’re alive and getting better! Still a good day. Seriously though you seem to have taken it well and I applaud you

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!