P700 DIY Windshield Question

A

AngryHunyBadger

Nov 19, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
For those of you who have made your own full windshield for the p700, what size acrylic sheet did you use and where did you get it from? I've checked Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Sutherland's but not really finding 1/4" acrylic sheet in large sizes.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
You might try a regular glass or window shop, they offer plexiglass replacement in lieu of glass for some applications. They may not sell it to you if you say its going to be used as a windshield, better to just tell them the dimensions and thickness you desire, may even have the scratch resistant coating available (hardcoat).

Reactions: Smitty335
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3929
For those of you who have made your own full windshield for the p700, what size acrylic sheet did you use and where did you get it from? I've checked Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Sutherland's but not really finding 1/4" acrylic sheet in large sizes.
I made my own 3 times. Used lexan but not 1/4 inch the stuff I used was thinner like 1/8 inch. It's pretty tuff stuff.used foam weather stripping on sides and bottom.On the top I used aluminum u channel and drilled through it and lexan and I Bottled it. It worked pretty good but you could not wipe it off. I found if you just ride by yourself around home it was worth it. But if you are going places where it's getting dirt and mud on it all the time then it won't last. Last year I bought the hard cote super atv shield and wished I had saved the money and got it first.

Last edited:
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got a 30x60 sheet that was perfect for my 1000-5 at Menards for 36 dollars on sale. Only had one in stock though. 1/8 inch, but below 40 mph it has held up well. No bracing for me at all. I just use it on quick trips around the farm.

Reactions: swsebek