P700 Do I really need to spend an additional $1500 for the Deluxe

B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You cannot haul much firewood in the back of a sxs. If you are ever gonna put a trailer on the back of it, and haul firewood that way, the 1000 would be better for going up and down the inclines/declines you have.
I agree with others, I like having power steering.

If $ is the issue with getting a 1000, look for a well taken care of used one. I picked up our 1000-5 deluxe, with 3700 miles, for a really good price and never had an issue with it. Good luck.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
B

Bandman45

Aug 5, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've had my P700/2 for 3 years and we love it. We live on a heavily timbered acreage and this machine has been a life saver. I can throw 2 chain saws, fuel cans, tow straps, etc. in the back and off we go down the steepest part. I also have a small trailer once the wood is cut that I load up. I never use the paddle shifter and LOVE the power steering. We use our 700 all year long plus it pushes snow like a truck.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I wonder how many of the folks saying that power steering isn't that big of a deal have had a side by side without it, AND one with power steering? When I had my 500, I never thought about it much. Now that I have a 1000 deluxe I couldn't imagine going back to no power steering.
Yes, the benefit of lighter steering is great. But that's not even the most important thing.
Misjudge a turn at any kind of speed, and hit a small stump or other obstacle with your thumb around one of the spokes in the steering wheel. Power steering is the difference between an injured thumb or wrist, and barely noticing that you hit something.

maybe im just spoiled now, but the guys I ride with that don't have power steering are always talking about how they can't wait to add it to their machine...

B

brassspike

Jun 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
I added the power steering and HIGHLY recommend doing so. Drove both around the dealership lot. Mind holds low gear fine without paddle shifter. Have that on two cars and never used them.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
The power steering is worth every red cent. Once you get it you'll wish you always had it.

Paddle shifter??? Whats that? Lol! MY 2014 has what seems like an engine brake or downhill decent control. I rarely use the brakes because of it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Prior to owning one I would have said no. Now...yes, I think so.

The PS is awesome, but I also think Honda has changed the shift mapping a bit, and I don't like it as much as my original 2014. For that reason, I do like the paddle shifters, and find that I'm using them more than I thought.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!