JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Fellas,
Seems Dobeck has suspended sales of their AFR+ until they release their Blue Tooth version? Any idea how this will work?

Installed an aftermarket inexpensive muffler over a year ago and it’s pretty loud, finally got round to buying a slip on for a Rubicon 500 I think it was. Comes with a short SS pipe and will retrofit that to my existing system. Already removed the 😸 so should be fairly straight forward I hope 🤞. Looking for some increase in low-mid range ponies.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Probably work like a remote for the buttons on the gauge. I honestly don't mess with mine that much. Found a happy place and just left it there. Wonder if I could tweak the tune and get better mpg's on all day speed runs though? Pushing the P5 to 35mph and up for long periods of time sure does guzzle the fuel.

Reactions: JCart and Smitty335
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Hey Fellas,
Seems Dobeck has suspended sales of their AFR+ until they release their Blue Tooth version? Any idea how this will work?

Installed an aftermarket inexpensive muffler over a year ago and it’s pretty loud, finally got round to buying a slip on for a Rubicon 500 I think it was. Comes with a short SS pipe and will retrofit that to my existing system. Already removed the 😸 so should be fairly straight forward I hope 🤞. Looking for some increase in low-mid range ponies.
More ponys from a P5 is EASY , trade it in on a Talon OR be REAL HAPPY and keep both .

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
More ponys from a P5 is EASY , trade it in on a Talon OR be REAL HAPPY and keep both .
Couldn’t give me one (Talon), I don’t mind the P1000 3 seater neither would fit in my pick up and trailers are just a PIA, even though would fit in my aluminum dump trailer. Nope still mostly pleased with the little runt Dozer.

Checked out the price of P1000 3 and in western Canada over $20k… that price can buy a street legal rig to 4x4 with…

Reactions: trigger
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Probably work like a remote for the buttons on the gauge. I honestly don't mess with mine that much. Found a happy place and just left it there. Wonder if I could tweak the tune and get better mpg's on all day speed runs though? Pushing the P5 to 35mph and up for long periods of time sure does guzzle the fuel.

@trigger might be worth messin with to see if you can create a fuel economy tune. I’d think you should be able to.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah maybe next year I'll mess with it a little. Most of my riding benefits from the increased midrange power that it's tuned for now. Don't know how much increased mpg I'll ever achieve as heavy as this machine is and turning 28's with a 27 hp one lunger but it might be worth a shot. She runs like a top where it's set now. Interested to see your results if you end up wiring one in.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah maybe next year I'll mess with it a little. Most of my riding benefits from the increased midrange power that it's tuned for now. Don't know how much increased mpg I'll ever achieve as heavy as this machine is and turning 28's with a 27 hp one lunger but it might be worth a shot. She runs like a top where it's set now. Interested to see your results if you end up wiring one in.
Cool cool that’s what I’m after as well low to mid range power. Hopefully will be able to stick an AFR on there or some sort of legit programmer that is easy to manipulate if needed. Just need to get motivated to clean out the garage so I can put the Dozer in there and replace the muffler, new battery, add a few more lights etc. Need to get on it as my Dolly has booked us to a warm climate for 6 weeks coming up quick…

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!