don't no??

2ride4fun

Dec 17, 2014
I had a chance to try out the p5 in snow condition going up a hill, find out that the power is deficient,at one point near the top of the hill, we had difficulty to go 30 kilometers an hour so i don't no if this machine will suit my need .
When i try it out, we where 2 , me 285 lbs, and a friend around 200 lbs, I live around see level so altitude is not a factors but at the same time we do have long road stretch and the p5 doesn't have the power to follow my friend at high speed.

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
It takes a lot of power to move fast through snow, and the Honda engines aren't known for making lots of power for their size. From what I've read the P5 has around 28 horsepower to push a relatively heavy machine through that snow. Last month I played in the snow with a Can-Am 500 and there was no comparison, I couldn't come close to keeping up. But the Can-Am 500 makes almost 50 horsepower, so. I didn't expect it to.

If high speeds are your goal I don't think the Pioneer is for you.

2ride4fun

Dec 17, 2014
I was hoping that the p5 had enough tork to go up the hill, it seem's that it is not the case,especially in snow condition.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
To be able to go through snow especially up hills a lot of wheels spin and as stated before a lot of power. The pioneers are not gonna do that.

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
Snow is a finicky mistress. I was just out riding mine in the snow. There was a lot of packing paths to continue on in deeper parts. High centered on packed snow a few times. Beat my buddies Suzuki Samurai up a hill though. Just took a moment to pack the pack the trail and then hit it hard. I also aired the tires way down to help get some traction. It really helped. Best results I got overall though were from going to low gear, keeping wheel spin down, and staying on top of the snow.
photo.php

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
If you wanna plow, this is a great machine. Put some 26" maxxis big horn 2.0 on and start pushing. I live in New England and just got slammed by the blizzard of 2015. 3 ft in my neighborhood. I had a blast. Never got stuck and was blowin thru 4 ft snow drifts. I have a very long drive way and was able to push and pile snow smoothly and with minimal effort.
If you want speed get bigger then a 500. But this machine is well built and u can't beat the compact design.
I also use this machine to haul wood and trees. Works great all around.

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!