knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
they need to be simple like a 1 piece bushing not a 2 piece a 1 piece design would be easier and cheaper to make

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When a company has a big price drop because a competitor comes along I just think to myself "well they've just been screwing everyone this whole time" ill go with the new guy that's being fair.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Even more frustrating when I bought my set a month ago from Waller, with no lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unless you consider the time, effort an money it to to prototype and develop a product. It always easier to copy someone else’s product design.

Kinda stealing if you think about it that way isn’t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No not really. We are talking about some plastic bushings not airplanes.

I think I'll go get some Uhmw bar stock and make my own bushings then give away all the plans for guys to build their own.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have an rb3 set just saying any weight is on the bottom flange so why not s 1 piece with a thicker bottom flange
True, but I feel comfortable with a collar to wear instead of of the hinge and it keeps the door from moving up and down on the bushing, now I need to find out where all the racket is coming from in the bed?????

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
True, but I feel comfortable with a collar to wear instead of of the hinge and it keeps the door from moving up and down on the bushing, now I need to find out where all the racket is coming from in the bed?????
Put a piece of 1/4" hose on the latch bar

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do these type bushing really fix ALL TBE door rattle. I been using tape but have to redo it all the time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
yes they do

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When a company has a big price drop because a competitor comes along I just think to myself "well they've just been screwing everyone this whole time" ill go with the new guy that's being fair.

actually they are $5 difference only from before. and they are offering free shipping. Im not sure where the big price drop is.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
actually they are $5 difference only from before. and they are offering free shipping. Im not sure where the big price drop is.
Originally $79.99 and now $55. Plus $2.50 "handling" charge.....which sounds a lot like a sneaky shipping charge but whatever. Shipping is never free, ever! So yea we are paying for shipping.

So are you bad at math or what? The picture doesn't lie... Fcc6453691174cee8fb321e5fd9e4778

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Originally $79.99 and now $55. Plus $2.50 "handling" charge.....which sounds a lot like a sneaky shipping charge but whatever. Shipping is never free, ever! So yea we are paying for shipping.

So are you bad at math or what? The picture doesn't lie...View attachment 89748

$55-$80 for a pair of bushings? I’ll turn the wetsounds up or have a heavier foot and listen the the parallel twin.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well folks I made my own door bushings tonight from UHMW. It took 10 minutes....stay tuned you're about to get free door bushings!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The value they are saying is 79.99 but selling at 55.00. the 5 is from rb3 price was 49.99 and yes they are doing free shipping and yes they charge a 2.50 handling on all their products. so to be technical its 57.50 TOTAL. We are just trying to give you a great product at a great price...…

The value they are saying is 79.99 but selling at 55.00. the 5 is from rb3 price was 49.99 and yes they are doing free shipping and yes they charge a 2.50 handling on all their products. so to be technical its 57.50 TOTAL. We are just trying to give you a great product at a great price...…

So you're comparing your old price of 49 to their newly lowered price. Lol that's hysterical. The picture says pretty clearly retail was $79.99. They lowered it after people started to talk.

If you want to get technical the reality is you/they are selling two dollars worth of plastic for over $100. The UHMW bar stock cost me $2.50 per foot retail and it took me under 10 minutes to make all my bushings.

A guy was trying to find a more reasonable solution to his problems and You hacked his thread to push your own product that he already knew existed. In fact all you have done is use the site to push your products without ever offering any real support or contribution for betterment of the group. Which is fine. But dont expect people to fall for your marketing bulls***. Great product at a great price couldn't be further from the truth. The product is fine but you and I both know that saying it's a great price is a flat out lie.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you're comparing your old price of 49 to their newly lowered price. Lol that's hysterical. The picture says pretty clearly retail was $79.99. They lowered it after people started to talk.

If you want to get technical the reality is you/they are selling two dollars worth of plastic for over $100. The UHMW bar stock cost me $2.50 per foot retail and it took me under 10 minutes to make all my bushings.

A guy was trying to find a more reasonable solution to his problems and You hacked his thread to push your own product that he already knew existed. In fact all you have done is use the site to push your products without ever offering any real support or contribution for betterment of the group. Which is fine. But dont expect people to fall for your marketing bulls***. Great product at a great price couldn't be further from the truth. The product is fine but you and I both know that saying it's a great price is a flat out lie.

Go ahead and post up your plans on those bushings. I had initially planned to build them myself but didn't have the time to locate and acquire the UHMW stock nor the means to turn it down in order to leave enough material for the collars without chucking it up in a drill.

93whitese-r

93whitese-r

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honetly I don't think this will happen now. The price for me to have the guy draw up the pieces in CAD and then have him setup the machine to run them, you might as well buy the wellar racing ones. I know it sucks, but it seems like more of a pain to deal with getting everyone's money and dealing with shipping.

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Actually we did sponsor and have offered give a ways as well last year

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually we did sponsor and have offered give a ways as well last year
While we all do appreciate you supporting us at takeover last year, door prizes etc. I believe he is saying that you don't actively participate in our forum except to push your products. You may recall, I was the one that called you out originally for selling your stuff without stepping up to be a vendor. I applaud that you did just that.
Having weller drop the price was a good move on your part, but sending us to buy from them, when they themselves are not registered as vendors just sucks. At least when we bought from you, you in turn supported us. In the end, supporting them supports you, which eventually supports us, just another middle man. And their handling charge is bulls***. Shipping and handling has historically been billed as a single line item. When I ship stuff to my customers at work, using their account, I don't bill them a handling charge. Even though it costs me money to box and skid product. Guess what, that is all worked into my per piece price when initially quoted.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Honetly I don't think this will happen now. The price for me to have the guy draw up the pieces in CAD and then have him set up the machine to run them, you might as well buy the wellar racing ones. I know it sucks, but it seems like more of a pain to deal with getting everyone's money and dealing with shipping.
Spoke to @93whitese-r and RB3 today. It's time to draw this thread to a close.

It comes down to more than some cheap plastic available at Lowes. There is time, design, machine, and other factors leading up to the final value of this item.

Now. If anyone wants 5000 of them maybe they will work out a deal.

RB3 is trying to be on our side here. They have worked with WR to help get the price reduced somewhat. But ultimately they are not in control.

I purchased 1 set and they work great. Going to order a second set now as the rear door storage mod requires them.

Sure there are few homemade options and I urge anyone to give it a go.

But if you want a spec door bushing that fits and works great buy these. They are well built and will last a lifetime.
WR Edition Door Bushing Kit - Honda Pioneer

87a5d5118baee7ece91d5b0fd427d0f6

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!