P1000 Door swap

IA-AJB

IA-AJB

Dec 5, 2020
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi I just got a 2016 P1000-3 it has the Honda hard door kit on it when I got it & it is great for these Iowa winters. But I'm looking forward to spring & summer. I did not put the door kit on my self, I do have the stock doors & hinges. Is there anyone out there that has both doors & swaps them out for the season's if so how much work is it. From looking at the hard door instructions it doesn't look like a 15 minute job, or would I just be better to take the hard doors off & run door less in the warm months? Also how heavy are the hard doors?

Reactions: TxDoc
H

HondaTech

The only thing keep you from installing the short doors are the hinge mount covers in the front and the mount for the rear plate that takes the place of the original latch.

The doors can be removed without taking the large rear plate all the way off. There should be enough stuff to hold the that plate on and still be able to remove the mount that uses the old latch postion.

Reactions: Smitty335
Diyguy

Diyguy

Dec 5, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Honda Tech question for you.
2021 P1K 5. Honda OEM hard cab enclosure for winter.
Can I put the half doors back on for summer?

H

HondaTech

Honda Tech question for you.
2021 P1K 5. Honda OEM hard cab enclosure for winter.
Can I put the half doors back on for summer?

They've changed the door instalation at one point and I haven't installed any of the newer ones. So it could be the same as the older and not be that much work or it could be difficult.

I've maybe installed 4 full sets of doors on Pioneer 1000s but none of them since the redesign.

Reactions: Smitty335
IA-AJB

IA-AJB

Dec 5, 2020
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks I was looking at it some more it looks like the on thing I will need to get is a set of strikers, so I guess I will find out in a few months. I will up date the post then.

Thanks again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!