P500 Doors

C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Hoping for some assistance. My driver side door is very hard to open and close like something is out of alignment. Is there adjustments that can be made. Went riding yesterday and everything seemed cool. Two things have me worried is when we went to unload I noticed the door was open and wedged against trailer a bit. Also bottomed out hard on a log but don't imagine that would hurt anything?

R

Rustell

Sounds like something got bent.. Look at where the striker lines up to the door latch. There is some adjustment there.. Loosen things up a bit , adjust and re-tighten.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
I'm going to look at it more tomorrow. I wouldn't think bottoming out driving slow over a log would bend the frame. Hoping just something with the door bent being open against the trailer while tying down.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
O M G ! I think it's a total ....

C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Haha I'll take the beating. Went and adjusted the striker and back to working order. I've always had beat up atvs for hunting so didn't much care what happened to them. Would make repair feasible until next time. This side by side I bought new in April. First big purchase I've ever made on anything new (besides house and acreage). Just not sure on what kinda abuse it can handle stock and what that skid plate will hold up against. After slamming hard then door out of alignment I got paranoid. Perhaps I underestimate the machine a bit.

Reactions: Chooglin
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
The P500 door latch setup is pretty lame. Seems like I'm adjusting it regularly. Having spent years in the door hardware business it's one of my few pet peeves on the machine.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!