BOX1

P500 Down shifting issue

K

kts107

Nov 9, 2015
I have a Pioneer 500 and all of a sudden it will not down shift. I’m able to go up in gears but not back down. I was able to use the wrench to shift it into neutral just fine to Park it and look at it. I tried disconnecting the battery for a little while, checked the fuses nothing seems to help. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
It’s a long shot but some times the wire comes unplugged from the shift switch.
In the steering column there are little switches that the paddle makes contact with.
Check the down shift one t make sure the connector is plugged in all the way.

Reactions: HUCK
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe I should mention, the plug is on the bottom (I think) and half way down the steering column

Reactions: kts107
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I have a Pioneer 500 and all of a sudden it will not down shift. I’m able to go up in gears but not back down. I was able to use the wrench to shift it into neutral just fine to Park it and look at it. I tried disconnecting the battery for a little while, checked the fuses nothing seems to help. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!
Mine did that a couple times when it was new, I just turned it off and turned back on. That's what I would try first. You have to press pretty hard on the brake to get it to start when it's not in neutral.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!