P1000 Drafty

Jasperlewis2810

Jasperlewis2810

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2022
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have roof and back panel with sliding rear glass. The superatv front windshield is awesome in the summer with the flip up capability, however this time of the year the gap between the top of windshield and roof produces a very unwanted draft. Any of y’all got a quick east fix for this? I’ve thought about pool noodle but not sure how well that will work or where to buy one this time of year.

8ED83D66 FDE7 4637 8A62 4F2D4B1FDFA6

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have roof and back panel with sliding rear glass. The superatv front windshield is awesome in the summer with the flip up capability, however this time of the year the gap between the top of windshield and roof produces a very unwanted draft. Any of y’all got a quick east fix for this? I’ve thought about pool noodle but not sure how well that will work or where to buy one this time of year.

View attachment 365353
Closed cell pipe insulation from any hardware store. Closed cell can't fill up with water/snow/ice.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4” square foam insulation works too.

if you jam some between the bed and the soft mid panel that helps with dust as well.

use some truck tailgate seal on the bottoms of your half doors also helps as well.

The dash is the hardest. I have a shift plate from @Montana which helps. I just jam a rag in the steering column for that one.

your results may vary.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is how mine is done on my soft top. Front window is similar.

The seals on my doors have been on since 2018. I just used two sets of generic tailgate seal kits off eBay. Note that you should lay the hinge side differently. You want the seal to wipe or pinch without rolling. Does make the floor warmer in the summer…

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!