DTC Clutch Temp Issue

J

JEWING3227

Jan 23, 2024
US
Hello to all,
I have a 2019 1000R with 1400 miles that is showing a clutch temp light in 5th or 6th gear under half throttle. Once the light comes on I can slow down to almost a stop and it goes away. After about 45 seconds of repeat easy driving it will come on again. I have not stood on it to try and see if it will slip.

No current or stored codes.

When machine changes gears it is jerky and has a sort of pulsating feel.(Not sure how else to explain in...the sound is what gives it away) Not normal.

Have done several clutch relearns with no issue.

Main line pressure is 120 at idle
EOP1 is 25psi at idle and roughly 120psi at half throttle
Same reading for EOP2.

Pulled engine oil pressure relief and appears normal.

EOT sensor ohms put at 1.41.....below manual called for 2.5 to 2.8 . Have a sensor on order for this reason.

Also have a linear valve and the three other shift solenoids on order to replace on the valve body currently.

Any other ideas on what a potential problem may be?

6d287241f148fe7a8deee64b9b91a123

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When machine changes gears it is jerky and has a sort of pulsating feel.(Not sure how else to explain in...the sound is what gives it away) Not normal.
Welcome from Michigan.
Nice looking buggy you have there. The pic is sideways Batman style kinda hard to see but hay! 🤷🏻‍♂️
What cage do you have?

As for this issue, if you can video with sound that posted above, it would help alot. You have to load it on YouTube copy and paste it here.

Also what state is the US that your from? Never heard of that state🤣
Might want to fix that or youll be asked alot.
Location helps with rides and trying to help with issues if someone is close to you

J

JEWING3227

Jan 23, 2024
US
Welcome from Michigan.
Nice looking buggy you have there. The pic is sideways Batman style kinda hard to see but hay!
What cage do you have?

As for this issue, if you can video with sound that posted above, it would help alot. You have to load it on YouTube copy and paste it here.

Also what state is the US that your from? Never heard of that state
Might want to fix that or youll be asked alot.
Location helps with rides and trying to help with issues if someone is close to you
I'm from Southern IN and I built the cage.

Thanks!

Reactions: Remington and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Hello to all,
I have a 2019 1000R with 1400 miles that is showing a clutch temp light in 5th or 6th gear under half throttle. Once the light comes on I can slow down to almost a stop and it goes away. After about 45 seconds of repeat easy driving it will come on again. I have not stood on it to try and see if it will slip.

Same reading for EOP2.

EOT sensor ohms put at 1.41.....below manual called for 2.5 to 2.8 . Have a sensor on order for this reason.

Also have a linear valve and the three other shift solenoids on order to replace on the valve body currently.

View attachment 435111

Does it feel as though it's slipping?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello to all,

Same reading for EOP2.

View attachment 435111

any other history on this ? ever replace clutches, etc.?

what does oil look like ? - does it look dark from clutch material? wondering if sensors are loaded up with clutch material

could be as simple as a bad sensor (system is only smart enough as primary element) or I have seen on here where the pressure sensors\shift solenoids were replaced to resolve similar issues

J

JEWING3227

Jan 23, 2024
US
any other history on this ? ever replace clutches, etc.?

what does oil look like ? - does it look dark from clutch material? wondering if sensors are loaded up with clutch material

could be as simple as a bad sensor (system is only smart enough as primary element) or I have seen on here where the pressure sensors\shift solenoids were replaced to resolve similar issues
I bought the machine with about 300 miles and went over it with a fine tooth comb. Was well cared for(as far as I can tell) as I have not had any prior issues with it.

I probably change the oil alot more than I should but that's just me. Oil and filters have been changed about 4 times, once just about 3 or 4 days ago. Nothing negative to report on the oil end. Filters always get inspected and they have been in good shape.

I'm leaning toward a sensor also being it was fine before I pulled the sub trans and once it went back in it started acting up. I get electronics can just fail but it is just strange to me.

Planning to change the three shift solenoids, the dual clutch PC solenoid, and the EOT sensor.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
darn it - always more to the story - pulled sub tranny, I am sure you double-checked all the connectors\plugs\etc..

did u unplug anything when taking sub tranny out?

dumped oil 4x in 1400 miles - cant hide money, especially if using the Lucaroyalpurpsoil blend - lol

good luck and come back at us with what you find

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TripleB and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
J

JEWING3227

Jan 23, 2024
US
darn it - always more to the story - pulled sub tranny, I am sure you double-checked all the connectors\plugs\etc..

did u unplug anything when taking sub tranny out?

dumped oil 4x in 1400 miles - cant hide money, especially if using the Lucaroyalpurpsoil blend - lol

good luck and come back at us with what you find
Man I'm telling ya lol

I've doubled back over my tracks more than a few times.

-Shift cable at sub trans
-8 pin black plug (ties sub trans gear selction and rear cs sensor to machine harness)
-sub trans beather hose
-driveshaft front loop
-driveshaft
-drain the sub trans oil

That's about it...then reverse that going back in. Toughest part is getting the two studs out lol

No codes is what makes I tough to understand. I guess we will see what the new solenoids and sensor do soon enough.

Reactions: 906UP
advertisement
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Probably the PC solenoid, id look real close at the valve body for debris, if it looks dirty I'd tear the whole back of the engine off and clean everything including the oil pan and pickup

I've seem them come back with the same symptoms if you don't. Something about dirty oil upsets that solenoid and it doesn't shift right. Applies too quickly and makes for hard, fast shifts

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Probably the PC solenoid, id look real close at the valve body for debris, if it looks dirty I'd tear the whole back of the engine off and clean everything including the oil pan and pickup

I've seem them come back with the same symptoms if you don't. Something about dirty oil upsets that solenoid and it doesn't shift right. Applies too quickly and makes for hard, fast shifts

@JEWING3227, don't let the fact that @Hello_Darkness just ... err ... joined a few weeks ago deter you from following his suggestions. Rumor has it he knows a thing or three about these buggies ... 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Remington and 906UP
J

JEWING3227

Jan 23, 2024
US

Appreciate it man, I have that solenoid coming my way.

J

JEWING3227

Jan 23, 2024
US
@JEWING3227, don't let the fact that @Hello_Darkness just ... err ... joined a few weeks ago deter you from following his suggestions. Rumor has it he knows a thing or three about these buggies ...
I'm gonna hold you to it!

J

JEWING3227

Jan 23, 2024
US

Would the PC solenoid cause the clutch temp light to come on under half throttle running?

I'm trying to understand what is happening on this machine if you have any insight to this solenoid.

Thanks?

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Would the PC solenoid cause the clutch temp light to come on under half throttle running?

I'm trying to understand what is happening on this machine if you have any insight to this solenoid.

Thanks?

I dont believe so, but it may be overworking the clutch and causing the oil to heat up and trigger the light.

advertisement