P500 Dual Batteries ?

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 12” LED light bar and two LED fog lights that that are seldom used (I don’t do much night riding). And soon will be installing some kind of basic sound system or sound bar that will be used about half the time I am riding in my buggy. That will probably be the only electrical accessories that I ever install on my buggy. Questions...is the P500’s charging system up to the task and also, do I need a dual battery set up ? I don’t mind going to dual batteries if needed but don’t want to go through the trouble/expense if it is not necessary.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 12” LED light bar and two LED fog lights that that are seldom used (I don’t do much night riding). And soon will be installing some kind of basic sound system or sound bar that will be used about half the time I am riding in my buggy. That will probably be the only electrical accessories that I ever install on my buggy. Questions...is the P500’s charging system up to the task and also, do I need a dual battery set up ? I don’t mind going to dual batteries if needed but don’t want to go through the trouble/expense if it is not necessary.
Alot of guys go dual battery. .I run stereo. ..12"lightbar
my charges fine...do carry Stanley Fat Max... $50
No wiring. ...extra juice..if needed...6 In 1
jump start
compressor
USB
light
2017 04 27 15 53 38 430006262

Reactions: Derail
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Everybody got there own deal....
I've only used mine..to charge my
camera....
just sayin...
there are threads...of some
BadAss...dual Battery
....setups

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Everybody got there own deal....
I've only used mine..to charge my
camera....
just sayin...
there are threads...of some
BadAss...dual Battery
....setups
I have a voltmeter in my dash. Will keep an eye on the situation and if I need to go to dual batteries later I will.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a voltmeter in my dash. Will keep an eye on the situation and if I need to go to dual batteries later on I will.
Yeah..
I do the same...
& hook up battery tender...when
cold...have hard wire to
battey...cold not good on
Small batteries

Last edited:
Reactions: R-Lamm and trigger
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah..
I do the same...
& hook up battery tender...when
cold...have hard wire to
battey...cold not good on
Small battries
I too have a battery tender plug hardwired to the battery on my P500. And my Harley. And my dirt bike. And my riding mower. I am a big believer in battery tenders. They definitely extend the life of batteries a great deal.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!