P1000 Dual Battery Question?

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Actually, I kinda like that idea... Thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna noodle on it a bit!

FredD

J

Jaked2694

Nov 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey y’all, I am running a dual battery set up to a Blue sea fuse box 6 circuit. From there I will be using rocker switches inside the cab. I am getting a 50in light bar and was wondering if the fuse box I have will power the bar or do I have to run it separate from the fuse box. Aux better is the Oddesey. Thank you

Reactions: Eltobgi
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey y’all, I am running a dual battery set up to a Blue sea fuse box 6 circuit. From there I will be using rocker switches inside the cab. I am getting a 50in light bar and was wondering if the fuse box I have will power the bar or do I have to run it separate from the fuse box. Aux better is the Oddesey. Thank you
I chose to run my 52" light bar off of my 2nd battery. I have pretty much every accessory minus the street legal kit off of my second battery. My 52" bar is fed from the new fuse box with a 30 amp fuse in it. All Light bars are not created = and some do pull a lot more power than others. If this is the case, the wire will need to be upsized as well the fuse size.

Reactions: Eltobgi
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3

How many watts? Most 50” bars (~290 watts) will draw around 25 amps so they are fused for 30 amps. Your new fuse panel probably will handle that ok. Your switch may not be rated for that depending on what you use. If it can’t handle 30 amps, you will need a separate relay.

FredD

J

Jaked2694

Nov 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The light bar is 288 Watts it comes with a relay also. So I would run a 30amp fuse with it all the way to my rocker switch(which says it’s only for 20amp) would I still be ok to run that switch?

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The light bar is 288 Watts it comes with a relay also. So I would run a 30amp fuse with it all the way to my rocker switch(which says it’s only for 20amp) would I still be ok to run that switch?

Nope...

You run a 20 amp line from a separate fuse through the switch to the relay control side. (some people use the key on hot circuit for this) The contact side of your relay has a 30 amp feed from your fuse panel, through the contacts of the relay to the light bar...

FredD

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A0C2057D 8E2B 497A 9537 F9304739AC35
Here is a generic wiring diagram... your fuse sizes will be different for your application.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!