A_Sutley

A_Sutley

Jul 3, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
C6C9CB60 D925 4C85 9C1B 5D4E703A81A0
5ED3285A 75C6 43A1 9B1D F9A51B351E90
hey everyone just wondering how I'm going to get everything to fit under the hood. Has anyone ever Velcro'd the fuse block to the second battery? Any issues anyone could think of doing this?? Also, for a master on-off-on switch where to the power leads come from? The stinger? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sharp
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 143083 View attachment 143082 hey everyone just wondering how I'm going to get everything to fit under the hood. Has anyone ever Velcro'd the fuse block to the second battery? Any issues anyone could think of doing this?? Also, for a master on-off-on switch where to the power leads come from? The stinger? Thanks in advance.
I used a dremel and ground off the plastic fins on the air intake box and screwed it down there.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 143083 View attachment 143082 hey everyone just wondering how I'm going to get everything to fit under the hood. Has anyone ever Velcro'd the fuse block to the second battery? Any issues anyone could think of doing this?? Also, for a master on-off-on switch where to the power leads come from? The stinger? Thanks in advance.
I velcro'ed mine to the battery, its perfect. Use the waterproof velcro if you do.

Reactions: Tigermark
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
The master switch is what you will use to power on the stinger , activating it to power your auxiliary fuse block. I ran the power lead for the master switch directly to the primary battery.

A_Sutley

A_Sutley

Jul 3, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I velcro'ed mine to the battery, its perfect. Use the waterproof velcro if you do.
That's what I bought. Didn't know if there would b a heat issue or not

A_Sutley

A_Sutley

Jul 3, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The master switch is what you will use to power on the stinger , activating it to power your auxiliary fuse block. I ran the power lead for the master switch directly to the primary battery.[/QUOT

So the top two terminals on the stinger, one will come from the secondary battery and the other goes to the positive on the fuse block. Then the two little terminals, one will be a ground and the other will go to the master switch? So how do u separate key on power and no key power with the switch?

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

On the my 3 seater I used a on-off rocker switch , on the 5seater I used a on-off push button switch. These switches had constant power from direct connection to the primary battery. I used these switches to activate the stinger to power the auxiliary fuse block used for your accessories. In this scenario, you don’t need a key on power source. Yes, you use the small terminals. One is ground, one is power from master switch. Master switch has constant power.

Last edited:
Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I velcroed mine to the battery but I sure gave alot of thought towards cutting the fins off. Still might do that if I don't like where it's at now.

20190714 161450

advertisement
A_Sutley

A_Sutley

Jul 3, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the my 3 seater I used a on-off rocker switch , on the 5seater I used a on-off push button switch. These switches had constant power from direct connection to the primary battery. I used these switches to activate the stinger to power the auxiliary fuse block used for your accessories. In this scenario, you don’t need a key on power source. Yes, you use the small terminals. One is ground, one is power from master switch. Master switch has constant power.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the dual batteries? If your drawing power from the primary for the secondary? In my mind, you system doesn't really need the switch or the
Stinger. Maybe I'm just confused.

Reactions: Dirtstiffs-1000
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the dual batteries? If your drawing power from the primary for the secondary? In my mind, you system doesn't really need the switch or the
Stinger. Maybe I'm just confused.
The power to the master switch is minimal. All it does is activate the stinger, all the power draw for the accessories comes from auxiliary fuse block. You are correct, you don’t necessarily have to use a master switch or stinger. The stinger is only used so you can deactivate the main switch panel so it doesn’t have constant power going to it.

A_Sutley

A_Sutley

Jul 3, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
66A0B763 13C3 4875 B9DB 9B90D23EE269
so I got everything in. (Except the dpdt master switch, gave up on it for now.) everything seems to work as far as I can tell except the blue light from the isolator remains on after the machine is s*** off. Any thoughts???

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 143426 so I got everything in. (Except the dpdt master switch, gave up on it for now.) everything seems to work as far as I can tell except the blue light from the isolator remains on after the machine is s*** off. Any thoughts???
It stays on until the main battery drops low enough to close the connection in the isolator.

A_Sutley

A_Sutley

Jul 3, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It stays on until the main battery drops low enough to close the connection in the isolator.
Thanks!! I've had my voltmeter all over the place trying to figure it out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!