ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So somehow I missed post 13 before. I referred to that and that was all I needed to get it figured out. Seems to be working fine now just how I wanted

Thank you!

My only complaint is the goofy light coming from the switch. It’s like a greenish color that doesn’t match anything. I’m not too picky so I’ll leave it alone. As long as it’s a good quality switch that holds up, I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
All depends on your needs and how you want to do it. There are several ways and all are correct.

First. This whole thread has been based off a relay type system. Not a direct power system

This is one method I like since most people use a positive buss. This puts just the panel on a 5 amp fuse. View attachment 163207

But if all your sources were fused already. Then using the jumper would be fine too I guess.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks... I used fuses on everything - both power sources to the switch have fuses, and everything else that is wired direct to the battery is fused. It seems to be working well so far.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing I will say about my build.......If you look to the lower left side of the picture, I haven't done my snorkel yet so I took the stock pre filter and a foam motorcycle filter and placed them in a mesh bag and stuffed it the air inlet hole................Well, I can tell you, not enough air gets in the machine with that combination. What happened is, I got in some heavy mud and whacked the throttle open, the damn thing fell on its face, I eased off, hit it again and same thing. With the wiring changes I had made I figured I had messed something electronic up. I pulled off the hood and noticed my pre filter contraption was all the way down in the hole, thats when I figured it out, I pulled it out, hit the gas open and off she went...........Just an FYI, for those of us new to these things, they require a lot of air.

Finished

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!