ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So this is NOT for someone who uses all wire nuts and positaps!! This is assuming you have a reasonable understanding of wiring and have some ability to diagnose your specific winch wiring diagram, rocker layout, Wireless remote wiring diagram.

It is assuming that you have two winches, a wireless remote, a battery isolator, a heavy duty continuous duty relay; these parts will be listed at the end.

If you have a Wireless remote, power the remote and note which output feeds positive for “IN”and which feeds positive on “OUT”.

You will wire the direction switch just like you normally would, and feed a switches fused positive to it. A good way to do this is use the aux plug n play harness listed at the end.That is usually the RED wire in the winch wiring kits. The Wireless remote can get power from the red wire as well.

[{{NOTE: If you are using the heavy duty relay like I am to bypass the battery isolator when winching you will want to connect the POSITIVE feed to it, to the “IN” side of the SPDT switch that would be “1” as I have it drawn. This will allow you to do 2 things have the batteries both being charged when winching even if the Aux battery is below the 12.7v cutoff of the True Battery Isolator and allow you to jump your own machine; if the Main Starting battery has gotten too low. You would be able to jump itself by selecting the center “off” position on the winch selector DPDT switch and pressing “IN” on the wireless remote or Winch IN/OUT switch which will cause the Continuous duty relay to bypass the True Batt Isolator}}]

F69E0645 2EB0 4A79 841D CB6D707252D5
33933B04 67AB 4542 B416 22EF23B615C2

The SPDT switch will then feed the incoming on the DPDT, usually the Front winch is the top of the rocker and rear winch is the bottom of the rocker. If I have them inverted just swap what winch is wired to where. The (DPDT) outgoing is what picks which winch contactor the direction switch(SPDT) is providing power to.

The IN/OUT from these switches to the winch contactors are the connections CIRCLED in GREEN, NOT THE RED X’s.... You WILL release all the magic smoke out of your wireless remote receiver and probably at least your switches if you make it to the main connections on the winch contactors.

You may have to experiment and see which of the feeds is “in” and which is “out” on the contactors.

AA92EBD6 86E9 4529 A665 19A3B79C31E9
16A2D4AB BEAA 40EB B97B DD2E43850341

Wireless Remote

Continuous Duty Solenoid

True Battery ISO

Headlamp Low/High Plug n Play
Ask @Hondasxs for the low beam output if you want dash light control.

Auxiliary Switched power Plug N Play Harness

SPDT Winch IN/OUT

DPDT Switch

Winch Direction Rocker (this is a custom order just call OTRATTW)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!