P1000 Dump bed problem

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have raised/dumped my bed a number of times, simply by pressing the lever located by the doors and picking up on the bed. Simple .... right? Well, before attempting to get the RRB mud off the P1K5 today I was going to raise the bed. It will NOT budge! Is there a secondary 'mechanism' that can be holding it, other than the release by the doors? I even put ratchet straps over the ROP and to dump bed frame and tightened up enough to start stressing the frame, but would not budge.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Its between the seats as a safety to stop you from tilting the bed with the seats up there is a rubber bushing that has fallen off.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It can be gotten to with the seats up I cant recall the exact operation it's been a while. @JenElio I think has the same problem. Theres a funky little s shaped bracket that the latches in between the seats. There are two little fingers you have to depress to release it. One if not both has lost the little rubber bumper.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!