P500 Dump bed vs. rear rack / toolbox?

Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
If somebody buys a 520 and does not want the bed...Let me know. If you are close, maybe we can work something out. We miss a dump bed.
If someone buys a 520 and doesn't want the bed, you outta smack some sense into them when you go to pick up the bed...

L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Dallas/Fort Worth area, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Right on! But, I've noticed more than one comment about, 'Not wanting a bed.' I'd be happy to accommodate someone if they are close to Texas.

• Haha
Reactions: Mudder
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
For me it's not the tilt I want, as much the useful bed that is a whopping 5" lower than my homemade bed, sitting on top of the P500 rack.
Agree. Don't know that I'd need it to dump, even though it's nice.
Then again, since Honda can't seem to build a dumping bed that doesn't rattle like the tin man during a seizure, maybe I'd prefer it not dump.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
If you need to dump that means you will need to load it first. It's a lot easier to use a small trailer like an Oxcart. They are lower and easier to load, hold more and easier to dump from. Just my 2 cents.

L

Lhays1

Jan 13, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
Is it just me or is a tool box / rear rack more practical than the dump bed? I use my Pioneer to haul power saws, gas, and fire wood, but never find myself needing a dump bed.(stacked fire wood) View attachment 249923Just curious what others think. Trying to justify the P500 over the P520.
Love this set up. How did you mount the box to the rack?

Reactions: Buggyman
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
This works for me; quick release to use the tray. Boxes for trail stuff.
Couple small trailers if tray isnt enough.

20210906 142133

20200328 174507

EDIT: not pictured here is a flat bar connecting each pair, above and below the floor of the bin.

Last edited:
advertisement
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I'm still very happy with the rack on my P500. I set it up differently for what I'm doing. On a larger machine the dump body would be ok. The dump body on the the 520 is too small for my prairie dog stuff. When I'm out working at the two clubs I belong to my Oxcart is much handier as it's a lot lower (easier on the back). For my elk hunts I only need a storage bag. We just drag them down in the snow.

Reactions: Mudder
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Is it just me or is a tool box / rear rack more practical than the dump bed? I use my Pioneer to haul power saws, gas, and fire wood, but never find myself needing a dump bed.(stacked fire wood) View attachment 249923Just curious what others think. Trying to justify the P500 over the P520.
Whether you have a rack or dump bed, a storage box is important on a p5 imo.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!