Dust guard and hubs

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
My Pioneer came with a flexible dust cover attached on the front of the dump bed on the passenger side, there are attachment points where the same cover would fit on the driver side. Is the Pioneer only suppose to have the cover on one side only or am I missing one? I also noticed the axles do not have dust covers in the center of the wheels, is that normal?

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Very same here, must be a reason.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
The pass. Side is the side the air intakes on. Mine only has a dust cover on that side. Mine also does not have axle nut covers and most don't that I know of.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Check with my dealer on the same issue. the 2 seater has them on both sides of the dump bed. the 4 seater only has one on the passengers side. Has sometihing to do with air flow to the engine? They sent me a picture from the service manual. Sure enough....thats how it is?

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
My guess is it is for minimizing dust circulation to the intake behind the outer passenger seat. The foot well section of the 4P changes things a bit so that may be why they are on both sides on the 2P. Just my thoughts.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
Does anyone know of any aftermarket axle covers that will fit. I think it will make for a more finished look, in the official pictures from Honda it shows the pioneer with axle covers and they look complete.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The ones for the Rincon fit but I think they are just a hair loose.
Rancher will not fit.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Pioneeringfamily said:
Does anyone know of any aftermarket axle covers that will fit. I think it will make for a more finished look, in the official pictures from Honda it shows the pioneer with axle covers and they look complete.
Per my dealer The Big Red axle covers will fit. They ordered them for me.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
T&T,
Welcome to our community...

Here is the info on the BR wheel caps.
Big Red part number: 44732-HL1-A00. They are less then $3 each.

Attachments

• spare.png
    spare.png
    357.6 KB · Views: 219
M

Mandride

Sep 17, 2013
I also asked about the dust cover and the dealership showed me the pic of the dust cover only on the passenger sides as well.

W

wilyrockstar

Jul 23, 2013
Yooper, the dust guard on the passenger side is for the air intake for the 700 4. I'm told the 2 seat version has the cover on both sides.

btw I'm a yooper too

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
Wilyrockstar - Where in the UP are you located, I am SW of Houghton.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks, My dealer has already ordered them for me. I really like getting on here just to see what everyone is talking about and has to say about the pioneer.

W

wilyrockstar

Jul 23, 2013
Yooper, I'm in the banana belt, south central UP near Escanaba.

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Re: Rim and Tire Choices Need Help!

I know this was mentioned in earlier, but does anyone know if the dust caps are available for the axles yet? I pick mine up next week but heard they don't come with the unit from the factory...

----HondaSxS edit
Moved to this topic and edited at bit.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey Gwishy,
Welcome to the community. I am glad you are buying a Pioneer soon.

They are available for order but many are finding they are on back order from your dealer. I am not sure how long they will be on BO. I too am waiting on mine.
Thanks.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey everyone. Here is the part number for the axle covers. 44732-HL1-A00. They are the same ones for the Big Red.
I have already installed on my 4p red.
You do not have to take the wheel off. They are rubber and fit real good and makes it look so much better.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!