Dust......What works?

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I mostly ride alone so dust isn't a real issue. But at the TO we will be following other sxs's. I know about buffs and bandanas, I've seen those hog nose looking things and an assortment of others. I wanna know what works for ya'll that are using dust protection, nose and mouth, eyes also. Thanks.

Reactions: Backwoods
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
What your going to have to do. Is ride when its raining. Man iv tried everything back panel front full. The best so far has been a half windscreen up front and just let it roll over your head

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
My wife and I mostly ride alone so dust isn't a real issue. But at the TO we will be following other sxs's. I know about buffs and bandanas, I've seen those hog nose looking things and an assortment of others. I wanna know what works for ya'll that are using dust protection, nose and mouth, eyes also. Thanks.
These work very well and the shades have the gasket . Pull it down when you dont need it and up when you do it's comfortable. I won't wear one of those gas mask looking things.
20200223 165538

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Screenshot 20200223 203517 Chrome

1. Rain
2. A windshield & back panel together.
3. Be in front not back of group.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Lol, what @JACKAL said... Be in the front. Right @Jm_obrien ?!?! 😝

Reactions: Mudwing
DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in Northern Minnesota, so I have a full windshield, full doors, soft mid and rear panel, soft side panels in rear seat area.
I typically remove the rear panel and rear side panels and leave the full windshield and sift mid panel on in the summer. This year I just took off the full size doors and put the half doors on. Left all the other panels on. Noticeably less dust in the cab, still lots if dust in the rear.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hmmm 🤔 OT warning - Talons hold 'warm' air in, it's like sitting in a hot tub, whether the aftermarket windshield is open or not. Now I'm wondering if removing the aftermarket lower doors would help with that? It would be nice if I didn't have to remove the outer door skins to try it out (secured by self tapping screws into plastic, :( so not something I want to do regularly). I don't ride much mud so half doors wouldn't cover me in mud (Rokblokz fender extenders).

OK, back to dust. 😉

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wolfsnout is comfortable to wear and works like a champ. Very much like a foam air filter you’d put on your machine. No more crusty nose to blow out after a dusty ride. I was hesitant to drop $30 on it but after having them I’d pay far more for them now.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!