P700 Dust, Will Snorkel Help?

B

Buzz

Oct 11, 2017
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dust is a real problem in West Texas during our drought. I've serviced the air cleaner 3 times in 700 miles and each time couldn't believe how dirty it was. My back seats are usually folded down and each time I raise them there is an unbelievable amount of dirt that has been sucked into the area.

If the breather is pulling air from the same area within the machine, it seems a snorkel, located up by the passenger roll cage, would bring in cleaner air.

I'm running the half windshield from Honda and that increases the vacuum bringing in dust.

Any suggestions?

Howard
2018 Pioneer 700-4

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oh hell yes, a snorkel cuts it down for me 80%
I did a little more in depth snorkel and came through the hood like a ram air intake. But the normal to the roof snorkel does great as well. The 700 intake is in a horrible location.

P

patsy

Oct 8, 2018
Juntura,Or
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, snorkel it. You can also put a secondary filter at the top of the snorkel tube. A cheap K&N look alike would work great. Leave it dry, no oil, and let it take out the larger particles. The air box filter will do the rest.
Here in Eastern Oregon we also have a huge dust problem. Didn't take me long to discover Honda has a terrible air intake location. Hmmm. My friendly s/s mechanic suggested building a snorkel coming from behind the seat running up the passenger side roll bar with a K&N dry filter at the top covered by a folgers plastic coffee container to keep the rain off(if we ever have any) ha. yeah thats right we are REDNECK out here but as the old saying goes Country Boys will Survive. Oh did I mention we painted the coffee container Black to match rest of the build. hahaah. IT WORKS

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!