P500 eBay glass windshield

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
This frame comes with everything but the glass. I should have the frame on Feb 27. I will get th glass installed and do a full review once it’s installed.
Great! I will wait for your report.

T

Tip

Nov 21, 2018
California
Ownership

1. 500
Great! I will wait for your report.
I bought one of these, not happy with how it fit, the glass doesn’t go inside the frame, it clamps against the rubber gasket, my local glass shop charged me 200 for the glass, you have to remove the windshield to open the hood, make sure you put the bolts for the center clamps in from the back, so the nuts are on the outside, on my machine they hit the frame, I had to get longer bolts with a 3/4 spacer to make the clamps work on the bottom of the roll bar, not the best design, or fit, good luck, hope this helps!

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I bought one of these, not happy with how it fit, the glass doesn’t go inside the frame, it clamps against the rubber gasket, my local glass shop charged me 200 for the glass, you have to remove the windshield to open the hood, make sure you put the bolts for the center clamps in from the back, so the nuts are on the outside, on my machine they hit the frame, I had to get longer bolts with a 3/4 spacer to make the clamps work on the bottom of the roll bar, not the best design, or fit, good luck, hope this helps!
Thank you very much for your review which will turn me toward Fred’s windshield that much more.

T

Tip

Nov 21, 2018
California
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you very much for your review which will turn me toward Fred’s windshield that much more.
You are welcome, hopefully someone comes up with something better designed than this one, if you get one from Fred, keep us posted on how his works out.

Reactions: Gassygordo
M

mgm1035

Jan 14, 2019
Madison
Ownership

1. 500
My updated review of this windshield.

First it took several weeks for me to get, but when shipped from Canada I had it in four to five days.

The windshield frame is made from 1/8 inch aluminum and is very light. The glass is not inserted into the frame like a car. The windshield opening has automotive quality rubber stripping around the opening. The inside of the rubber has a compression seal. You go order your 26x40 ish piece of glass and place it over the compression seal. There are s shaped brackets that are bolted to the frame, which presses down on the glass sealing against the compression seal. This is a very solid seal and once the brackets are bolted down, this is a very solid and stiff windshield. All the hardware provided is stainless steel and very good quality.

I did have a few issues with fit. First the very top of the windshield was too tall for my Honda OEM roof. I scribed the top of the windshield and cut it with a saber saw and polished it with a sander. The problem was solved.

The second issue I had was, I installed cube LED lights at the base of the hood and roll cage. I trimmed the windshield frame with the saber saw and the problem was again solved.

I have the windshield mounted with Kolpin mirrors with no issue.

Once the windshield is mounted, the only way to access the hood is to remove the windshield. If you need the storage in the hood, this probably won’t be for you. I’m not worried about the storage, so It don’t bother me.

The price of the frame was $270 and it cost $62.00 for the 1/4” laminated glass.
So for 332.00 I have a glass windshield for about the same or cheaper then a poly windshield. I know there are other glass windshields out there but nearly twice the cost or more You do however have the option to access the hood storage. If I ever crack the glass, I can order the glass and I can install a new piece in 30 minutes or less. I’m I already planning if it gets too hot in the summer, on removing the glass and inserting a 1/2 poly homemade windshield in the frame. If you have a small amount of mechanical skill, this frame is pretty easy to work with.

For me this was a cost effective way to have a glass windshield. I would purchase it again knowing what I know now.

D4892A0C C7BF 49C0 B6A9 CC1D0D863EA0 D25F6F1E 7D05 4232 9608 3A82AA04C03B C8BE5954 0B7A 44A0 85D7 F9F3B1C0E487 976F4192 B47B 401F B9FF 597E3FD00C84 08A9AF66 2DD8 43E7 A13D 462DA6EFEE00 06D53B40 66E7 424B B989 9F2D0FCD8CE8 A38127B7 281D 40C4 A4E9 CAB0CBA23E2A FF7093AF 0A39 488B B965 53F892F035C8

C

Chooglin

My updated review of this windshield.

First it took several weeks for me to get, but when shipped from Canada I had it in four to five days.

The windshield frame is made from 1/8 inch aluminum and is very light. The glass is not inserted into the frame like a car. The windshield opening has automotive quality rubber stripping around the opening. The inside of the rubber has a compression seal. You go order your 26x40 ish piece of glass and place it over the compression seal. There are s shaped brackets that are bolted to the frame, which presses down on the glass sealing against the compression seal. This is a very solid seal and once the brackets are bolted down, this is a very solid and stiff windshield. All the hardware provided is stainless steel and very good quality.

I did have a few issues with fit. First the very top of the windshield was too tall for my Honda OEM roof. I scribed the top of the windshield and cut it with a saber saw and polished it with a sander. The problem was solved.

The second issue I had was, I installed cube LED lights at the base of the hood and roll cage. I trimmed the windshield frame with the saber saw and the problem was again solved.

I have the windshield mounted with Kolpin mirrors with no issue.

Once the windshield is mounted, the only way to access the hood is to remove the windshield. If you need the storage in the hood, this probably won’t be for you. I’m not worried about the storage, so It don’t bother me.

The price of the frame was $270 and it cost $62.00 for the 1/4” laminated glass.
So for 332.00 I have a glass windshield for about the same or cheaper then a poly windshield. I know there are other glass windshields out there but nearly twice the cost or more You do however have the option to access the hood storage. If I ever crack the glass, I can order the glass and I can install a new piece in 30 minutes or less. I’m I already planning if it gets too hot in the summer, on removing the glass and inserting a 1/2 poly homemade windshield in the frame. If you have a small amount of mechanical skill, this frame is pretty easy to work with.

For me this was a cost effective way to have a glass windshield. I would purchase it again knowing what I know now.

View attachment 113331 View attachment 113332 View attachment 113333 View attachment 113334 View attachment 113335 View attachment 113336 View attachment 113337 View attachment 113338
Thanks so much for the update , this will allow us to weigh our options.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!