P1000 Electrical Connections

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like many of you have installed a switch panel, PDM, second battery and a few really nice extras. As I read through the snorkel threads and watch videos of some of taking their Pioneers through some pretty deep water, I have been wanting to ask how you guys are managing all of new electrical connections? I can't help but think running deep enough to require a snorkel would play havoc with new switches and their connections.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Actually everything most people have used is waterproof or at least water resistant. One big thing if you're worried is to solder everything that will be one of the biggest failures. Look at your grounds really well to and make sure any left over bare paint is covered and watertight the best you can. Try to have as few grounds as possible. One thing I did is run one common ground through the rig so there's only one possible failure. I don't go through deep water but it sees its fair share and we do love the mud. I pressure wash even the interior and haven't had a failure with add ins due to water that I can remember

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!