P1000 Electrical has to warm up?

A

austincrow

Jan 11, 2021
Houston TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a 2017 p1k, the fuse relay box(at winch fuse) melted the fuse block but did not blow the fuse. I replaced the fuse block and everything works but the led light bar, winch and cab lights will not work until the machine warms up. The illuminated rocker switches are dim when first started but then gradually light up and accessories work when it warms up. No trouble starting and headlights are bright at first crank, just the problem with the items on fuse block. When first started I am getting 12v at the battery but only 3v at fuse block. I have no electrical experience, bad battery? Bad ground? Thanks in advance, you guys are always so helpful. Any idea in the problem or next steps would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would guess if you had fuses melt then replaced them you might have more hard (cool) melted plastic somewhere and when it warms up it makes a better connection. When trying to troubleshoot maybe pull all the fuses, install one fuse at a time and test each time the voltage to help better isolate the problem.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
A

austincrow

Jan 11, 2021
Houston TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would guess if you had fuses melt then replaced them you might have more hard (cool) melted plastic somewhere and when it warms up it makes a better connection. When trying to troubleshoot maybe pull all the fuses, install one fuse at a time and test each time the voltage to help better isolate the problem.
I now have a plan for tonight, thanks man.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!