P500 EMP aluminum roof Q.

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I'm starting to look at products for hopefully a 2017 P500. I really like the P500 aluminum roof they make as opposed to a moose plastic roof. My question is will either a Honda oem hardcoated windshield or a superatv flip up windshield work with this roof or will there be a gap? Hoping to hear from current owners that might have this EMP roof. I emailed EMP, but they didn't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
I'm starting to look at products for hopefully a 2017 P500. I really like the P500 aluminum roof they make as opposed to a moose plastic roof. My question is will either a Honda oem hardcoated windshield or a superatv flip up windshield work with this roof or will there be a gap? Hoping to hear from current owners that might have this EMP roof. I emailed EMP, but they didn't know.

Here are a picture of my EMP roof and a EMP windshield.
I hope this might help on the gap between roof and roll bar.
Good Luck

IMG 0827 IMG 0828

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Here are a picture of my EMP roof and a EMP windshield.
I hope this might help on the gap between roof and roll bar.
Good Luck

View attachment 36965 View attachment 36966

Thanks for the pics! So I think it looks like the roof is bent in such a way that the windshield goes underneath it. Which makes sense so water doesn't spray in. So I'm thinking any other windshield probably won't fit right. How do you like the hard coat on the windshield? Is it easy enough to take on and off?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Interested if the EMP roof works with Honda OEM windshield also. Honda roof adds height problem with enclosed trailer. Really pleased with the OEM hardcoat windshield hood access and cam locks. Think about the Ricochet rock sliders as well.

IMG 3436 IMG 3411

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the pics! So I think it looks like the roof is bent in such a way that the windshield goes underneath it. Which makes sense so water doesn't spray in. So I'm thinking any other windshield probably won't fit right. How do you like the hard coat on the windshield? Is it easy enough to take on and off?

Just got it so no remarks on the hard coat..but the on/off is great

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Just got it so no remarks on the hard coat..but the on/off is great

Meant to ask with the roof and windshield, do you use a rear pane / window? I think some other have complained about dust being sucked back in...

Also, found this video on the roof and windshield. Around the 30 second mark, it almost looks like the windshield is just below the roof rain gutter. So if the Honda is the same height, it would work. Just don't know w/o comparing the two.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Meant to ask with the roof and windshield, do you use a rear pane / window? I think some other have complained about dust being sucked back in...

Also, found this video on the roof and windshield. Around the 30 second mark, it almost looks like the windshield is just below the roof rain gutter. So if the Honda is the same height, it would work. Just don't know w/o comparing the two.

No rear pane yet..Need to recupe funds..
There is a lot said about the dust vortex ..
I haven't had it out yet in dusty conditions.(just got it)
I really got it to stop the wind when going across a frozen lake,
In the warmer weather I'll being taking it off if the conditions allow me to do that

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yes on vortex dust issue, got OEM rear panel and windshield from Hondaparts king. Good prices.

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Follow up info for Enclosed Trailer use, may be looking for a flatter roof that works with the Honda OEM windshield, like the EMP. Any one have that setup. Also, Currently just a hair below 75 inches height and wondering if it will ramp load thru standard enclosed trailer door openings that list an inside height of 75 inches, thinking door opening is much less? Does angle of loading ramp allow entry? Thanks in advance.

bigr244

bigr244

Mar 23, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500
Will the EMP fit with the super atv flip out?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Will the EMP fit with the super atv flip out?

NOPE.....not exactly.
I have the EMP roof with the SuperATV windshield and they dont exactly mesh together perfectly BUT I love them both.

The plus side is there is no interference of the 2 so it all fits and works well but there is a gap between the windshield and the roof.
I will just get some waterproof material/canvas and attach with velcro to the material and windshield and roof and have a removal vent.

The EMP roof hugs the roll bar and looks awesome.
The SuperATV windshield is cool with the closed-vented-or full open options but the down side is the lower windshield section that pins the hood down but I'll be modifying mine this weekend to allow it to easily lift up when I need to get into the hood area.

bigr244

bigr244

Mar 23, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500
Pics?

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!