P1000 EMP winch mount with Superwinch Terra 45

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As pictured... bottom side. If I am understanding you correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: my99svt
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
As pictured... bottom side. If I am understanding you correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So like this?

32026309956 d7399099ec b

81toyota

Oct 15, 2016
Harnett County, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well i mounted the way emp said to in order to see if they had ever made the changes that others were talking about and everything went together smoothly. I took it all back apart and flipped the plate and it wouldn't work. I'm guessing the changes they made are making it were flipping the plate won't work anymore.

All in all i have just under 2 hrs for the complete install with using the emp mount and terra 45. Oh btw I picked the terra 45 up for 199 on jet.com for anyone interested.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Well i mounted the way emp said to in order to see if they had ever made the changes that others were talking about and everything went together smoothly. I took it all back apart and flipped the plate and it wouldn't work. I'm guessing the changes they made are making it were flipping the plate won't work anymore.

All in all i have just under 2 hrs for the complete install with using the emp mount and terra 45. Oh btw I picked the terra 45 up for 199 on jet.com for anyone interested.

Can you post the directions? I'm curious now.. I put mine on a month ago and followed the directions and even the video to a T and it wouldn't work. It had to be rotated 180" and the long tail pointed forward.

81toyota

Oct 15, 2016
Harnett County, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you post the directions? I'm curious now.. I put mine on a month ago and followed the directions and even the video to a T and it wouldn't work. It had to be rotated 180" and the long tail pointed forward.
I lose mounted everything minis the winch at first.

I ran about 2 threads out of each lock nut for the ears to the plate and slide it all in place.

Next thing I did was hand started all 6 of the bumper bolts.

Then i started the ubolts and tightened them on down.

After that I went to the outside nuts on the ears. The inside ones are extremely difficult to get to. When I started tightening the outside nuts it pulled down on the inside bolts tightening it all up.

Then I finished bolting the bumper in.

When I mounted the winch I used the holes closest to the bumper. I have alot of clearance between the bumper and winch. I will take pics tonight or tomorrow and post em.

Reactions: Corona1 and JTW
Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I received my EMP mount and tried mounting my Terra 45 to the plate both ways, the freespool clutch is hard up against the ears of the mount so that I can't even spin it. I'm thinking I did something wrong, or the ears need to be bent a little. With the winch bolted to the plate, the frame clamps wouldn't open enough on the clutch side to slip it over the frame..........

Last edited:
J

JTW

I had to rotate thenolate 180’s to make it work correctly.. no clearance issues other than it’s just a pain.

Reactions: Rincon
advertisement
J

JTW

I would think they’re all mass made and therefore the same.. something doesn’t sound right.

Reactions: Rincon
T

TheBob

Feb 15, 2016
North West Arkansas
Here I am a year late on this, wish I had searched for this prior to buying.... I just mounted the EMP mount and Superwinch Terra 45....PITA! I first loose fitted it, would not clear front bumper, so rotated plate 180 degrees and got clearance between the winch and bumper. Then mounted the winch to plate, could not rotate the free spool, so had to use two washers between winch and each mounting bolt. Then tightened up the carriage bolts, and then tried to fit bumper back onto the frame mount. The mount had pulled the bumper "arms" towards each other, so had to back the carriage bolts off, then slide it into the frame, then tighten the bolts back up. After all that, I realized I hadn't put the U bolts on (main reason I went with the EMP mount), so tried to put those on, would not fit, so everything came back off, meaning all bolts loosened, to loosen up the u bolt brackets. I got the U bolts thru, barely, got a nut started on each one, then started tightening all the bolts back up. The carriage bolts that go thru the top plate and around the bumper arms are a PITA to tighten when the bumper is on the rig.

Of course the winch is mounted inverted, which the winch directions said not to do, but it looks good, looks like it should pull fairly straight. I do wish the mount would have had better directions, cleared instructions. I'm still not sure I have the plate right side up, and tightening the top plate bolts after it was on the rig was a major PITA.

Monday I will start wiring it up.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and JTW
J

JTW

Here I am a year late on this, wish I had searched for this prior to buying.... I just mounted the EMP mount and Superwinch Terra 45....PITA! I first loose fitted it, would not clear front bumper, so rotated plate 180 degrees and got clearance between the winch and bumper. Then mounted the winch to plate, could not rotate the free spool, so had to use two washers between winch and each mounting bolt. Then tightened up the carriage bolts, and then tried to fit bumper back onto the frame mount. The mount had pulled the bumper "arms" towards each other, so had to back the carriage bolts off, then slide it into the frame, then tighten the bolts back up. After all that, I realized I hadn't put the U bolts on (main reason I went with the EMP mount), so tried to put those on, would not fit, so everything came back off, meaning all bolts loosened, to loosen up the u bolt brackets. I got the U bolts thru, barely, got a nut started on each one, then started tightening all the bolts back up. The carriage bolts that go thru the top plate and around the bumper arms are a PITA to tighten when the bumper is on the rig.

Of course the winch is mounted inverted, which the winch directions said not to do, but it looks good, looks like it should pull fairly straight. I do wish the mount would have had better directions, cleared instructions. I'm still not sure I have the plate right side up, and tightening the top plate bolts after it was on the rig was a major PITA.

Lmao.. it is a pita but it will give you a good straight pull!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Lmao.. it is a pita but it will give you a good straight pull!

What @JTW said.. I like the pull of the winch but there has been a couple of times that I had to do something else where it would have been easier to take off the bumper but all be damned if I am going to mess with those bolts again. Lol

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!