P1000 EMP winch mount with Superwinch Terra 45

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too ran into the same problems as CashMoney with my EMP mount and Warn ProVantage 4500. Talked to EMP today and they are going to look at the plate tomorrow and try to make a new one that will accommodate a larger winch than what they tested with. They plan to use carriage bolts for the issues with bolt clearance on the planetary assembly, and then make a plate that moves the winch back about half an inch to 3/4" towards the rear of the rig and away from the front bumper so it will clear. It doesn't lack much, just enough to piss you off lol. I think if they can do that, the mount will work perfectly.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
That's exactly what they asked me is if they thought carriage bolts would work. I believe they probably will but I'll need to double check its pretty tight with the super winch. I wanted to get some pictures and measurements before I emailed them back.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually used the plate that came with the winch and stacked it with the EMP plate where it would fit the bolt heads at first, but that made it closer to the bumper, so I ended up removing it in hope that it would clear. It didn't matter either way, though.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's exactly what they asked me is if they thought carriage bolts would work. I believe they probably will but I'll need to double check its pretty tight with the super winch. I wanted to get some pictures and measurements before I emailed them back.

I know someone who contacted them through their website and got back a short and terse response saying the mount is right, no problems. Doesn't sound to me like they care at all.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just talked to them again today and they said they are in the process of making changes to make it work

They didn't call me back or anything today, so let me know when and if you hear anything else.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
They didn't call me back or anything today, so let me know when and if you hear anything else.
What they said would work is to flip the bracket around that the winch bolts to. I didn't even know it would line up that way. They mentioned they were going to square the holes for the side plates and get some carriage bolts since it may clear the planetary gear that way. I'm pretty sure that the winch will clear the front of the bumper and the gusset on the side after looking at it last night, if not it'll be much closer to doing so. I don't think carriage bolts will work in the bracket you have now so you may need to check with them if your winch's planetary drum won't clear the bolt

advertisement
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
They said they were going to make the brackets work with carriage bolts so that should help it fit. And they said the plate it mounts to should be able to be reversed with will probably clear the bumper but i hadn't tried it.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The new mount held my 4500 Provantage just fine. I will update my build thread tomorrow with new pics.

Reactions: CashMoney
P

posterboy

KFI Mount works with almost every Winch on the market.. I am still very confused on what angle issues you are seeing.. I plowed with mine all winter and there is not that much angle to the cable at all. During plowing the cable gets bent the most going down to the plow. Most cable issues are related to mis-use. I have seen many other angles that are very bad.

Only1PB

Only1PB

Apr 26, 2016
FL
KFI Mount works with almost every Winch on the market.. I am still very confused on what angle issues you are seeing.. I plowed with mine all winter and there is not that much angle to the cable at all. During plowing the cable gets bent the most going down to the plow. Most cable issues are related to mis-use. I have seen many other angles that are very bad.
Final product with my quick craptastic paint job. You really can't tell that I actually modified it especially if you weren't looking for it. View attachment 11811

How far does that fairing ( blue ring from which the cable and hook come from) stick out from the bumper? I was wondering due to trying to fit my Pioneer in a toy hauler and not having much room. Thanks

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
How far does that fairing ( blue ring from which the cable and hook come from) stick out from the bumper? I was wondering due to trying to fit my Pioneer in a toy hauler and not having much room. Thanks
I'll measure the fairlead it when I get home tonight if its not still raining cats and dogs! I don't think it was too bad.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the same set up today. I had the same clearance issues with housing hitting the front of the bumper. Slide the bumper back into the frame and could not line up the bolt holes.
So after many attempts and a little swearing, I disassembled and rotated the plate 180 degrees. Worked fine, no more clearance issues and bolt holes lined up fine.
I assumed either I was interpreting the pictures/directions wrong or I'm an idiot
I did not have the bolt clearance problems you speak of, I will take a look again tomorrow.
The mount works, and the cable angle is much better than others but I'm not overly impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I installed the same set up today. I had the same clearance issues with housing hitting the front of the bumper. Slide the bumper back into the frame and could not line up the bolt holes.
So after many attempts and a little swearing, I disassembled and rotated the plate 180 degrees. Worked fine, no more clearance issues and bolt holes lined up fine.
I assumed either I was interpreting the pictures/directions wrong or I'm an idiot
I did not have the bolt clearance problems you speak of, I will take a look again tomorrow.
The mount works, and the cable angle is much better than others but I'm not overly impressed.

Crap.. I hate to hear that as mine were waiting for me At the door just now.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Crap.. I hate to hear that as mine were waiting for me At the door just now.

JTW- wasn't trying to scare anyone. The mount works as advertised once the winch mount plate was rotated 180. This could have been my fault. Directions and pics are not great.
I looked closer at OP's original post and pics and then realized his post was from last spring. There have been updates since then. My mount came with carriage bolts - that's why I didn't have bolt clearance issues.
There were alignment issues with u-bolts and brackets attaching to the frame uprights, but I made some slight adjustments to the brackets and it works. That's just me being overly picky.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

JTW- wasn't trying to scare anyone. The mount works as advertised once the winch mount plate was rotated 180. This could have been my fault. Directions and pics are not great.
I looked closer at OP's original post and pics and then realized his post was from last spring. There have been updates since then. My mount came with carriage bolts - that's why I didn't have bolt clearance issues.
There were alignment issues with u-bolts and brackets attaching to the frame uprights, but I made some slight adjustments to the brackets and it works. That's just me being overly picky.
Hope this helps.

Good to know the rotation thing... I'm overly picky too.. I went with the EMP to avoid the line angle. Will I be disappointed?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!