P1000 EMP winch mount

Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone installed the EMP winch mount? I currently have the KFI mount but it mount the winch too low, so the cable is at really sharp angle going thru the fairled. Was wandering if the EMP mount was any better, it looks like it would eliminate this problem. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone installed the EMP winch mount? I currently have the KFI mount but it mount the winch too low, so the cable is at really sharp angle going thru the fairled. Was wandering if the EMP mount was any better, it looks like it would eliminate this problem. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one that I am swapping out a KFI mount. Just haven't done it yet. Maybe I can get around to it later tonight.

Reactions: BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the EMP mount - it does give the rope a much better angle but it was a pain to install. Basically you end up tightening some of the bolts after the bumper is put back on and the bolts you have to tighten are hard to reach. I still think it is a great mount and prefer the angle it puts the line at.
@JTW has this one too.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the EMP mount - it does give the rope a much better angle but it was a pain to install. Basically you end up tightening some of the bolts after the bumper is put back on and the bolts you have to tighten are hard to reach. I still think it is a great mount and prefer the angle it puts the line at.
@JTW has this one too.

Good to know I was hoping it would be quick but since it’s not I’m not starting tonight.

J

JTW

@JTW has this one too.
Yup.. I’d rather jackoff a mountain lion with a handful lol of thumbtacks!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to know I was hoping it would be quick but since it’s not I’m not starting tonight.
I am sure you know already but it mounts the winch upside down, so it will swap sides with the spool release and where your wires are hooked up. Mentioning since you already had an installed winch - if you shortened your wires you may need to run new.

Yup.. I’d rather jackoff a mountain lion with a handful lol of thumbtacks!
I don’t know if it is that bad ... granted it has kept me from changing bumpers but I like it once it was installed it is solid.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am sure you know already but it mounts the winch upside down, so it will swap sides with the spool release and where your wires are hooked up. Mentioning since you already had an installed winch - if you shortened your wires you may need to run new.

I don’t know if it is that bad ... granted it has kept me from changing bumpers but I like it once it was installed it is solid.
Thanks i knew it flipped it to line up the winch line better, front winch runs from under hood from side that connections would be on, will need to shorten the wires or tie them up.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!