P700 Enclose the tube frame or leave open?

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I purchased a used 2014 700-2 and when giving it first cleaning got a lot of dirt/mud out of frame tubes even though they were capped. Would it be better to leave caps off and clean out tubes after each use so that dirt /mud wouldn't build up and start rust?

Reactions: DG Rider
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not on the front... keep those capped for sure. All mine are capped. When I am in deeper mud I pull the caps off and spray em out. Or at least after deer season every year...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I purchased a used 2014 700-2 and when giving it first cleaning got a lot of dirt/mud out of frame tubes even though they were capped. Would it be better to leave caps off and clean out tubes after each use so that dirt /mud wouldn't build up and start rust?
Personally, I think it's more useful to just let stuff run back our as easily as possible, so I'd leave them off. Honestly, nature will take care of it, as I lost all of mine anyway after maybe a year.
Make sure you also pull the center rear bolts on the middle (main) skid as well. Water gets in and builds up. You'll be surprised how much comes out.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got my frame plugs from PBR yesterday. I think it will look better , but we'll see how they do. Also got windshield brackets like @William I know I will like those .

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my frame plugs from PBR yesterday. I think it will look better , but we'll see how they do. Also got windshield brackets like @William I know I will like those .
LoL I forget half the stuff I post! They work great!

I installed mine last week and they made a huge difference.

4A05F91E 3BE6 42C0 8221 3A0665A07EBA

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!