Talon Enclosed Trailer

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
Assuming buying new, the trailer dealer should be able to remove the cable. I have never removed a cable and have never had an issue. Just need to practice lining up wheel with edge of door ramp on drivers side. Once you figure out the line you need, it goes right in & out easy. Sometimes in tight spots, I have had to back up a couple times to get Talon going straight with my door edge, but again, just practice.

I have wheel chauks bolted to floor to set stop position for balance on tongue weight (once you find that point, plus easy to strap right over the tire for hold down). Before I had a side door, I used my Talon winch with car running & remote to pull car in & gravity to roll out when possible. One word of warning is to lay a large stop block outside the trailer on ground while winching car in or out. If Winch fails, the car can free wheel roll out of the trailer (I had engagement dog fail and car started rolling out & was lucky enough to stop it before ran off). I prefer winching over having a wide trailer blocking my mirrors and pulling harder, but that is your choice. The hard part is assuming you have your winch wired to only work with key on, is having to reach in passenger side door when car is loaded to turn off key & put car in Park.

My Talon is 69"-70" wide & with practice I have no issues going in & out of a 7' wide Aluma trailer. Besure you get a tall enough trailer to get you car through the door (probably 6'9" or 7' inside height to get 80" door height)

Reactions: TimG
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I assume you removed the wire with the door closed, but even then isn't the wire under lots of tension?

Works much the same as a regular garage door. Just carefully loosen off the tension on the spring, remove the wire and increase tension on the opposite side spring until the gate works as it should if necessary. FYI...there is a lot less tension on these gates than there is on a regular garage door but still need to be aware. There are several YouTube vids on doing it.

Reactions: TimG
D

DMack762

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not that I can add much to what has already been said, but I have a brand new 8.5x24' enclosed trailer, 7'9" ceiling height, and my Talon 1000R LV fits just fine, stock width. I find it a wee bit difficult to get out of the driver's side. I have full E-Tracks down the length, and I use tire cradles that ratchet tight in the E-Track. I had my Talon and my Brother's Pioneer in it this past weekend. They fit perfectly.

153172691 1235330046864479 89728985374607314 n
152866523 1235329923531158 3049490295548984372 n

Reactions: Remington and TimG
Frogzilla

Frogzilla

Mar 14, 2022
Western, WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know I am reviving an old tread, but all my searches didn't help. I am needing a trailer for a Talon R so I can bring it home currently it is at a friend's shop. I can get a deal on a 7.5 x 14 enclosed, but not sure once inside I can open door and get out. I know a 7 foot wide is tight but is 7.5 much better?

Reactions: Smitty335
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
i will let other comment on width, but don't forget to be sure door height is safe too. Worst senerio mount anchor point inside front, stops on the floor and winch car in with remote, then reach in and put in gear. I did that on my old 7' before I got one with side door on drivers side.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know I am reviving an old tread, but all my searches didn't help. I am needing a trailer for a Talon R so I can bring it home currently it is at a friend's shop. I can get a deal on a 7.5 x 14 enclosed, but not sure once inside I can open door and get out. I know a 7 foot wide is tight but is 7.5 much better?
Buddy thats gonna be as tight as a vergin on a Saturday night!
Mine is a 8-1/2 and im nimble and shes tight. be fore I buy, Id call your buddy and get a measurement of your rig then take a tape and measure the trailer. My tires are 6” of the exposed wheel walls that are about 6”wide and I have not quite a foot to open the door when its said and done. Now your loosing that foot with your trailer. If your a big guy its really gonna be tuff.If your skinny youll get out but your gonna hurt. IMO minimum 8’ To be safe.
My wheels land in the middle of the ETracs Shown
19265914 CB74 4B1D B348 5FC94130AA36

So, you were asked Back in March for pics of your rig and we got nothin 🤨 We know its at your buddys but u had to take some pics! PicsOr It Didnt Happen!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Not sure if I've replied to this thread or not....too lazy to go back thru.
I haul my T1Kx in a 7' wide NEO enclosed snowmobile trailer, it has the extended height so that's not an issue. Width is tight but workable, I only haul it once or twice a year so it's not a big deal to me but if I was doing it often I'd go with a wider trailer.

208Talon

208Talon

Jul 8, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have a 7.5 SXS enclosed trailer. So the door is on the drives side. I just pull in till the doors line up then get out. I also have a 4 seater. So there is my input.

F

fpesce

Dec 22, 2020
Hawley PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Maybe I wasn't very clear. I know I can get the talon inside a 7 ft. trailer, my question is can I get myself out of the Talon while it's inside the trailer?
I have one it is tight but doable. You have to favor the right side. BE careful on height you need UTV height and on 30"s it just touches the entry door when coming in

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!