P1000 Engine light flashes 73 with only 6.5 hours on new pioneer 1000

E

EVE

May 13, 2020
Orillia Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
HI - I'm new here and would appreciate any help I can get. I just bought a pioneer 1000-3 and found mt first trail yesterday. I stopped in front of a hole to put in 4x4 and the engine stalled and wouldn't start again. I checked all fluids and they were good, no obvious loose wiring then I notices the engine light flashing and doing some reading, its 7 long and 3 short and for the life of me, I can't seem to find out what this means.

Any help would be appreciated ! thank you.

Reactions: Lady01 and Biteme
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HI - I'm new here and would appreciate any help I can get. I just bought a pioneer 1000-3 and found mt first trail yesterday. I stopped in front of a hole to put in 4x4 and the engine stalled and wouldn't start again. I checked all fluids and they were good, no obvious loose wiring then I notices the engine light flashing and doing some reading, its 7 long and 3 short and for the life of me, I can't seem to find out what this means.

That would suck, but Somebody here WILL know what that code means.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Upload a video of your dash, a good 60 seconds of recording to youtube and please link it here.
A quick look under PGM-FI section of manual does not show a 73 code.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Code 64.

quick check of your underhood fuses and let us know.

And thank f or the video. Makes it soooo much easier to see the codes.

E

EVE

May 13, 2020
Orillia Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Code 64.
View attachment 208269

quick check of your underhood fuses and let us know.

And thank f or the video. Makes it soooo much easier to see the codes.
Thank you thank you - it was a blown IGN fuse - must have looked at half the others but not that one because its at the very bottom ...!
Now any idea what would cause it to blow? If not I'll just get a few spares and see how long it lasts....
Thanks again !

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!