BOX1

P500 ENGINE LIGHT,,TEMP LIGHT AND FAN ALWAYS ON!

J

Johnnybgoods

Dec 1, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
a week ago i installed heater,, now my fan stays on,,and warning dash alerts stay on?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like the wiring to the temp sensor got damaged or unplugged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Air pocket? Also open radiator cap from a start up, look for flow when thermostat should be open.

Last edited:
MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I second Mudder. When you refilled the system did you remove the air bleeder screw at the thermostat at the top of the engine? I did that with my heater install and when filling the trapped air is pushed out of it. When coolant started flowing out of it put the bleeder screw back in.

You may still have some air in your heater core but that shouldn't affect the temp sensor behind the thermostat. I had to let the engine get up to full temp and gradually kept adding to the radiator for awhile to get all the air out. I also placed a floor jack under the front of the 500 to get it at an incline to help the process.

J

Johnnybgoods

Dec 1, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
thanks all will try all recommendations and report back

TCJ2436

TCJ2436

Oct 5, 2018
North Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Air pocket? Also open radiator cap from a start up, look for flow when thermostat should be open.

I agree with Mudder...I’d bet money that it’s an air pocket at the top of the block. Look for the bleeder valve and let the air out. Good luck

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
1A76572B F9FD 42D5 8BC5 61CAC0DB81A0

You may already have seen this, but just in case. Looks like you need to remove cover under seat to access bleed bolt. @Seg had good results as shown in follow up posts and may have more tips. Good luck.
P500 - Factory antifreeze protection?

Last edited:
MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
@TCJ2436 Where are you located in North Idaho? I live in Post Falls. Small world.

MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I’m in Hayden, down the street from the English Point walking trails.

Good stuff, I always find it interesting that on the forums I always expect everyone to be across the country or some place but I've ran into a handful of north Idaho owners on here. We have a lot of great country to ride here.

TCJ2436

TCJ2436

Oct 5, 2018
North Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Good stuff, I always find it interesting that on the forums I always expect everyone to be across the country or some place but I've ran into a handful of north Idaho owners on here. We have a lot of great country to ride here.

Yes we do! I just bought my 500 in September. Took it up into the mountains for 2 weeks during hunting season, and out about 400 miles on it exploring the country. Let’s keep in touch...maybe we can go riding together in the spring?

MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Yes we do! I just bought my 500 in September. Took it up into the mountains for 2 weeks during hunting season, and out about 400 miles on it exploring the country. Let’s keep in touch...maybe we can go riding together in the spring?

400 miles since September! You've been able to get a few rides in that's for sure. Yeah, definitely. I would be good for some rides in the spring. I'll be itching to go again by then :)

H

HondaTech

If the MIL, Temp light and fan are coming on with the key in "run" then there is a ECT sensor problem, sounds like its come unplugged since they ECM is most likely seeing high voltage.

Does the MIL blink?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!