Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, removed the bolt till there was no air coming out, steady stream spraying every where :)
My first thought would be a stuck thermostat but you have not had that problem before I'm sure?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
0FFBC9D6 6480 40B1 B408 35379B82756D
Was bleeder bolt back in during solid stream? Could the open hole suck in air when returning to idle? Following.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuckerbird
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 70654 Was bleeder bolt back in during solid stream? Could the open hole suck in air when returning to idle? Following.
Hey Mudder, I did fill until steady stream and screwed tight the bleeder screw. I then ran the engine and raced it as mentioned and then put the cap back on. after the cap was back on I let run to build up the heat. The fan started but the rad and hose to pump was cold. Did I miss something? Should I have left the bleeder loose WHILE the engine was running? This is not how I read the instructions...

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sounds like you did it correctly. Was thinking about the sentance about the bleeder bolt needs to be in loosely ..but who knows?? Scratchin my head on this one. Hope you get it fixed, let us know what works.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If not done, try filling the reservoir and let it run thru some heat/cool cycles to open the thermostat to suck in some reservoir fluid volume under negative pressure with radiator cap on, then repeat bleeder bolt part, open cap and top off radiator and reservoir tank again? Just thinking...if the resevoir was empty, it could suck in more air. Instructions silent about needing some liquid in tank before bleeding process. Worth a try if you haven’t already tried that. Good luck.
P500 - Coolant Leak on 2017 500

Last edited:
Reactions: Seg
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
If not done, try filling the reservoir and let it run thru some heat/cool cycles to open the thermostat to suck in some reservoir fluid volume under negative pressure with radiator cap on, then repeat bleeder bolt part, open cap and top off radiator and reservoir tank again? Just thinking...if the resevoir was empty, it could suck in more air. Instructions silent about needing some liquid in tank before bleeding process. Worth a try if you haven’t already tried that. Good luck.
P500 - Coolant Leak on 2017 500
Looks like I got it! Left it alone overnight to concentrate on wine and liquor. This morning I bleeded it again with some air that came out. Jacked up the front and used the old funnel method squeezing the top hose of the rad. I then took it for a spin and then let it run idle and raced the engine once in a while for a couple of hours while keeping an eye on the temperature. It's behaving normal again. Thanks to https://hondasxs.com/members/alan.1779/ and to you has well Mudder for the hints and moral support! Happy Easter :)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sounds like a step 5 is needed, After flushing radiator, add several shots of adult beverage, repeat as necessary! Glad it worked out.

Reactions: Willi and Seg
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Bumping thread for seasonal reminder.

Reactions: nctrailboss
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!