rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Mudder asked the question about coolant yesterday and triggered a log of brain sensors, not only did check my antifreeze was was showing about 20 degrees, I got my service manual out and the maintenance schedule says replace every 2 years regardless of mileage. (section 3-3 if you have the service manual. I am sure it's in the user manual as well.
I've always done...antifreeze & battery
on cars ..trucks...SxS...every 4 yrs..
& I've faired really well...

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Checked mine tonight for the first time, good for -35 below

Reactions: trigger
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Back in the 70's & 80's I flushed and changed antifreeze regularly. Sometime in the early 90's I stopped doing it altogether. Guess what? I still haven't seen any issues due to stopping. Among the reasons for no issues is that many of the vehicles needed timing belt changes every 60-90K miles and the water pump would normally be done then too. The few radiators I've had to replace were due to road salt, not internal corrision. Also have never noticed and change in cold weather performance.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You Rock Alan! I was thinking about this today where you stated that you had the service manual. I had planned on asking you what the procedure was and here you already posted it, thanks man! ;)
Drain.....
re-fill....
pretty basic..
hahahaha

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Not really, did you open that and read the procedure? Sounds like it can be a pita if you get air in the system.
Never happened to me..
feel it's a scare...tactic..to
have it done...by them...
it can happen...but not likely..
yes...I read it..
but of all the times..I've done it..
no problems....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Not really, did you open that and read the procedure? Sounds like it can be a pita if you get air in the system.
If ya measure...your antifreeze
...you will know how much...went
back in..
take for ride..weasel out all bubbles
..check level..in over flow...
adjust as needed

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
@Alan ..post #14..
On top on Mudder post
says p5 easy...hit that
goes back to a post...a yr
ago..which ya chimed in on...
..,bet you forgot about...avoid
alot of s***...
check it out

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
@Alan ..post #14..
On top on Mudder post
says p5 easy...hit that
goes back to a post...a yr
ago..which ya chimed in on...
..,bet you forgot about...avoid
alot of s***...
check it out
WHAT??????????

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
WHAT??????????
Was explaining to trigger we spoke
of this....this time last year...using your
post...for reference. ..

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I finally got around to checking my antifreeze. It was at -25 or lower depending how you read the tester. Good thing it was in the garage as it was -19 this morning.

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Here are the directions for the P5 Service Manual for coolant replacement
Hey Alan, So i changed the coolant today.Twice. Even thought I used the procedure, I end up with a vacuum... After I fill it and only coolant seem to come out of bleeder, I let it run and the rad fan comes on at the 3rd bar on the heat display. The Rad is cold and so is the line to the pump. All worked fine before. Any suggestions on how to remove that damn vacuum! Repeted the procedure with same result :( I did end up with more extra coolant that I should have 2.4L for rad and 0.4L for reservoir so there is air in there for sure

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Alan, So i changed the coolant today.Twice. Even thought I used the procedure, I end up with a vacuum... After I fill it and only coolant seem to come out of bleeder, I let it run and the rad fan comes on at the 3rd bar on the heat display. The Rad is cold and so is the line to the pump. All worked fine before. Any suggestions on how to remove that damn vacuum! Repeted the procedure with same result :( I did end up with more extra coolant that I should have 2.4L for rad and 0.4L for reservoir so there is air in there for sure[/QUO
Hey Alan, So i changed the coolant today.Twice. Even thought I used the procedure, I end up with a vacuum... After I fill it and only coolant seem to come out of bleeder, I let it run and the rad fan comes on at the 3rd bar on the heat display. The Rad is cold and so is the line to the pump. All worked fine before. Any suggestions on how to remove that damn vacuum! Repeted the procedure with same result :( I did end up with more extra coolant that I should have 2.4L for rad and 0.4L for reservoir so there is air in there for sure
I assume you removed the bleed bolt and and did the procedures for bleeding air from the system?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!