Engine shuts off from start and stop occasionally

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
The video it does it like 5 times before i zoom in on the clutch temp light that also flashed

Reactions: ChadD
H

HondaTech

Which engine ground ? And any ideas on what to do about the relearn not working and leaving my at and mt lights on?

Did the dash start blinking fast or did a "U" show on the dash when performing the relearn? It can be driven arouns just fine with the AT/MT on. But it should take a relearn once the issue your having is repaired.

The ground that stripped on the Pioneers was the one next to the starter on the block itself. You couldnt wiggle it with your hand, but if you put a wrench or socket on the bolt it wouldn't tighten up.

Id check the ground on the frame and the ground under the seat as well. Make sure the ones under the seat and on the frame tube are down to bare metal.

Reactions: ChadD
L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Did the dash start blinking fast or did a "U" show on the dash when performing the relearn? It can be driven arouns just fine with the AT/MT on. But it should take a relearn once the issue your having is repaired.

The ground that stripped on the Pioneers was the one next to the starter on the block itself. You couldnt wiggle it with your hand, but if you put a wrench or socket on the bolt it wouldn't tighten up.

Id check the ground on the frame and the ground under the seat as well. Make sure the ones under the seat and on the frame tube are down to bare metal.
The one at the back of the engine on the farm is on bare metal checked that one i will check under the seat also and no i just got the flashing dash symbol but never went blank

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
The one on the block is it easy to access ?

H

HondaTech

The one on the block is it easy to access ?

Its right next the starter motor. If your looking at the Drivers side if the engine, it'll be easy to spot.

The next time the unit dies, check the dash for a flashing code, that'll help narrow it down possibly

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Its right next the starter motor. If your looking at the Drivers side if the engine, it'll be easy to spot.

The next time the unit dies, check the dash for a flashing code, that'll help narrow it down possibly
I never get a flashing code or anything and it starts right back up

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does this work ?
Yes, I was able to watch it. But I have a Google account and it logged me in automatically. That may not work for others.

Not sure about your phone but the dash is landscape so hold your phone landscape. Some phones seem to post portrait orientated videos no matter how you hold them.

Reactions: leclaza169
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does this work ?
The flashing light is meaningless. It is the blinking "dash" in the gear indicator that we need to see. Hold the camera still on the entire dash and turn the key on for at least 30 seconds so we can see the entire dash and read it for you. We need to see the gear indicator AND the drive mode.

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
The flashing light is meaningless. It is the blinking "dash" in the gear indicator that we need to see. Hold the camera still on the entire dash and turn the key on for at least 30 seconds so we can see the entire dash and read it for you. We need to see the gear indicator AND the drive mode.
It stayed a blinking dash mark it blinked multiple times never did anything else

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
It stayed a blinking dash mark it blinked multiple times never did anything else
That blinking is usually code. If you do as I asked and record 30 seconds worth, maybe we can help you decipher it.

Otherwise, you will have to take it to your dealer and have them hook up their fancy machine.

H

HondaTech

It was blinking long flashes, which is the start of a code.

If it blinks immediately with the key turned on, count the number of long (2 second) and short (1 second) flashes.

It'll pause then repeat the code of flash another if there are multiple current codes.

Or if its not flashing until it dies, then count those flashes.

The clutch light means nothing.

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
That blinking is usually code. If you do as I asked and record 30 seconds worth, maybe we can help you decipher it.

Otherwise, you will have to take it to your dealer and have them hook up their fancy machine.
i see what yall are saying i will try today and if it shuts off i will take a video of the dash and will post it here.

Reactions: CID
L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

best part is its been to the shop 5 times in the last two months and that fancy machine aint doing nothing lol

• Sad
Reactions: CID
L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I cannot get the talon to go through the relearn at all continue to get to the quick flashing dash and never goes through full process

H

HondaTech

I cannot get the talon to go through the relearn at all continue to get to the quick flashing dash and never goes through full process
Most likely whats causing the stalling issue is keeping it from being happy while its performing the relearn.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!