Engine shuts off from start and stop occasionally

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Hello all i am new to the group and have had my talon for a little over a year. I have about 3,000 miles and have been having an issue with the car shutting off when giving it a little gas to go and sometimes coming to a full stop. Things done. Oil and fluids all changed. Had the battery connections replaced, i also had the valves readjusted and new spark plugs placed in the car. The next thing is the recall on the intake boot and the bolts. But continues to do it all throughout all of the work that has been done on the car. Wondering if anyone has done anything else or experienced anything like this. No engine lights nothing that stands out and the car will start right back up after it shuts off.

Reactions: ChadD
L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Have you tried doing a clutch relearn procedure?
i have not i pick it up today and thought about trying that next do you by any chance have the directions for the 2020 honda talon x4

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
i have not i pick it up today and thought about trying that next do you by any chance have the directions for the 2020 honda talon x4
I don't off hand, but I think I know a guy that can link you to it. @CID would be the guy that can help you with that.

Out of curiosity, who is doing the work on your Talon?

Reactions: Fritz-NH and ChadD
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here you go. There's more basic Talon information linked in my sig.

Post #27. It shows a Pioneer 1000 but the procedure is the same.
I don't off hand, but I think I know a guy that can link you to it. @CID would be the guy that can help you with that.

Thanks for the tag. 👍

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

it has been to ride now 5 times in the last 2 months. And now is at direct utv here in az

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

Thanks for the tag. 👍
will try this once i get it home

Reactions: ChadD and CID
L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

Thanks for the tag. 👍
Is it a common issue to have to do the relearn when nothing clutch work wise has been done?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Is it a common issue to have to do the relearn when nothing clutch work wise has been done?
A relearn should be done regularly, I'm thinkin' at every oil change or every 2000 miles (not the same). Pick something that works for you.

H

hondatalonr

Feb 6, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
My question is what is meant by shutting off. If the engine is shutting off how would that have any thing to do with the clutch?

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Make sure it's fully warmed up first.
So warmed it up followed video had two notches on the temp. Never got rid of the dash blinking now mt and at light stay on any ideas on what to do next? Or did i mess something up?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So warmed it up followed video had two notches on the temp. Never got rid of the dash blinking now mt and at light stay on any ideas on what to do next? Or did i mess something up?
@HondaTech any tips?

H

HondaTech

When it dies, leave the key on and watch the dash. Count the gear indicator flashes.

Its almost acting like the Pioneers when the engine ground bolt is stripped.

L

leclaza169

Dec 9, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
When it dies, leave the key on and watch the dash. Count the gear indicator flashes.

Its almost acting like the Pioneers when the engine ground bolt is stripped.
Which engine ground ? And any ideas on what to do about the relearn not working and leaving my at and mt lights on?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!