CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
great great R&D, kudos, for the VSS, are you thinking just wire it up to the 400W unit and hope for the best?

asking here, is the Talon VSS signal DC pulses off one of the sensors? just a DC pros switch counting teeth?
Either tagging @PaulF or quoting him will send him an alert, better chance of him seeing your questions.

Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
thanks - so just add @PaulF?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
great great R&D, kudos, for the VSS, are you thinking just wire it up to the 400W unit and hope for the best?

asking here, is the Talon VSS signal DC pulses off one of the sensors? just a DC pros switch counting teeth?
The Talon has 6 speed sensors and one is a dedicated to VSS. It is a simple pulse circuit that is wired to several of the ECU's (including the OEM PS ECU) and the cluster and easy to tap into. I will use the signal originally wired to the OEM ECU and the new PS ECU "should" be able to read it. How it reacts is yet to be seen.

The PS warning light in the cluster is also simple. It is opposite (grounded to turn it off) so anyone can simply ground it after removing the stock ECU to turn the warning light off. The new ECU is grounded to turn it's warning LED on so a simple relay used in NC position (or a transistor for those electronically literate individuals) will make the dash light work with the new ECU if one wants to do it that way (the OCD in me is requiring me to wire the dash light to the new ECU).

Like I said earlier, I will start a new thread in the next couple days with a lot more detail and many pics.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
thanks - so just add @PaulF?
Yep, but note that sometimes it's pretty exacting. For instance @CID works but if I want to use @CID 's tag, I have to leave a space after D. It want's the exact username. The software will also auto fill in after @ and you can just click on the username you want when it shows up.

M

Minner

Oct 21, 2017
North Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a 400w universal kit that'll do the trick. Never got around to designing mounting brackets and specific steering shafts for the Talon because we didn't see the need initially. If this is something I should address, we can make it happen.

For the universal kit, you'd just have to fab up your own mount and cut and weld the steering shafts in the kit, and the universal will work and save a ton of cash.
If you made the kit I would buy one tomorrow. Running an x4 35 sticky Zillas on 4” boxes with all the other addons too. The rocks make it unbearable at times, downhill is the worst.

B742C35E C641 4970 9A22 7E01A65F2A3D

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
If you made the kit I would buy one tomorrow. Running an x4 35 sticky Zillas on 4” boxes with all the other addons too. The rocks make it unbearable at times, downhill is the worst.

View attachment 345776
I passed this whole thread on to the new product team and the big boss. Pretty sure its on the to-do list. Just not sure how long till we'll be able to piece it together and get a production kit. Probably not long. I'm betting we have all the components necessary. The only real manufacturing work will be the mounting brackets...and possibly the shafts if we don't have any that cross over.

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
A little off topic but I put the 400w ezsteer on my defender, like Paul said, when it showed up it was huge, made the steering light as a feather in my defender, absolutely no noise from it, works great to this day

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!