P1000 EPS light no steering

C

Chavez

Sep 19, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
I’ve searched the site about this issue and no much help. I’ve done the few things listed, charged battery and checked fuse, no luck. My 1000-5 was stored outside under cover during the winter. I used several times with no issues. Started it yesterday and no power steering. Anyone ever replaced the small motor on the power unit? Had same issue with my shift motor and replaced and fixed issue. Can’t find the part to replace the motor on EPS. Thanks for any advice

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve searched the site about this issue and no much help. I’ve done the few things listed, charged battery and checked fuse, no luck. My 1000-5 was stored outside under cover during the winter. I used several times with no issues. Started it yesterday and no power steering. Anyone ever replaced the small motor on the power unit? Had same issue with my shift motor and replaced and fixed issue. Can’t find the part to replace the motor on EPS. Thanks for any advice
I doubt the motor is sold separately...but no need to jump to that yet. Based on your storage situation, I'd check for rodent damage to the wiring.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!