sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I am pretty sure it is a lose for everyone. Honda, wants to sell more if they could spit them out faster. Dealers have lists of people wanting to buy, but can't take their money unless Honda delivers them. They would much rather negotiate hard over many machines, than get full list on a handful for an entire year. Dealers are surviving on service right now. I have even seen Honda dealers selling used CF Moto's just so they have some inventory in stock.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am pretty sure it is a lose for everyone. Honda, wants to sell more if they could spit them out faster. Dealers have lists of people wanting to buy, but can't take their money unless Honda delivers them. They would much rather negotiate hard over many machines, than get full list on a handful for an entire year. Dealers are surviving on service right now. I have even seen Honda dealers selling used CF Moto's just so they have some inventory in stock.
The dealership were I bought mine is charging $130.00 per hour for service work, that's high! We now have to charge $95.00 per hour, per tech, per hour. Next election should be interesting?

Reactions: Backwoods
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The dealership were I bought mine is charging $130.00 per hour for service work, that's high! We now have to charge $95.00 per hour, per tech, per hour. Next election should be interesting?
That's the exact same rate my local Ford dealership charges. Honestly, I don't see one service tech being worth more or less than the other, simply because they work on different vehicles.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's the exact same rate my local Ford dealership charges. Honestly, I don't see one service tech being worth more or less than the other, simply because they work on different vehicles.
But customers don't bring there jobs to the shop, we have trucks and have to go to them. I have a growing suspicion that we are headed into another recession or another depression?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
But customers don't bring there jobs to the shop, we have trucks and have to go to them. I have a growing suspicion that we are headed into another recession or another depression?
Sorry, @Smitty335, I don't know where you work. You have to go get cars or ORVs?

Reactions: 05Willys
J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand labor rates are to high.But some techs should be washing the machines and other techs should be working on the machines.That all falls on the shop forman picking the right guy for the right job.Seen it in every shop i worked in.Put the wrong guy on the wrong job results are usually bad.

vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Dealer in central California has 4 pioneer 1000, in stock, and a other dealer has some 21 models, no markup but no discounts, Maybe it is a dealer problem back east.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was referring to the fact there are Pioneer 1000' being delivered and available
Yep, California models with all the EPA crap on them, from what I have been told California residents are buying in other States to get away from the Cali models, some show up in the other States and people avoid them like the plague, you could probably get a decent deal on one, but would need to take some some crap off, come on no 2 cycle chain saws, weed eaters and lawn equipment?

vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I agree completely, There is just the gas tank and the evap system that are different, My point is there are out there if you really want one, Honda is producing them !

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes I agree completely, There is just the gas tank and the evap system that are different, My point is there are out there if you really want one, Honda is producing them !
How does that help someonoe in Ohio if they arent at our dealers?

Reactions: colin215213
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know you need Pic's or didn't happen but... as someone in Ohio I have been looking for a 1000-5 for 8-9 months now. Drove past the local dealer and seen one out front so I stopped. That one was sold but they had another in the back they had not put together yet. So I am patiently awaiting the dealer to finish prepping my 22 green base model. I count myself lucky I guess. No deals to be had, but at least I've found one.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I just stopped by the local dealer here, and they have a Forest sitting in the showroom. It is a factory, they haven't added a bunch of up-sell equipment. It has been sitting there for 3 weeks. He said they have sold 2 Trails and 1 Deluxe this year. Anyway, if anyone is looking for a Forest in south shore, NS, there is one sitting there.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just stopped by the local dealer here, and they have a Forest sitting in the showroom. It is a factory, they haven't added a bunch of up-sell equipment. It has been sitting there for 3 weeks. He said they have sold 2 Trails and 1 Deluxe this year. Anyway, if anyone is looking for a Forest in south shore, NS, there is one sitting there.

Which one are you looking for?

Reactions: Backwoods
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!