BOX1

Estimated delivery timing?

C

Capn1

Apr 28, 2020
SEMO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was calling around for a 2022 Trail today.

One dealer said they’re only getting two, both pre-sold, they’d guess 6-10 months for more of them.

Another dealer quoted two months but with $1k of dealer fees; their price was around $25,500 firm. No thanks.

A Powerhouse dealer said they already have 44 people on their list for a 1k and they’re only getting a max of 12 of each trim. They’re not even putting people on their list anymore.

Following up with a few more tomorrow, but I’ve accepted we’ll be riding the P5 again this summer. Probably doing me a favor because I’d save myself $5k by buying in 24 months.
Well that's disappointing.

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It makes no sense to me. It seems that some folks get they fairly soon after ordering, and some wait for endless months. I put a deposit on mine early last August, that the dealer had ordered since May 2021. I picked it up the last week of December.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
It makes no sense to me. It seems that some folks get they fairly soon after ordering, and some wait for endless months. I put a deposit on mine early last August, that the dealer had ordered since May 2021. I picked it up the last week of December.
This was explained in detail elsewhere on these forums.

Again, when you give a dealer a deposit and place an "order", it has nothing to do with Honda producing a unit specifically for you. All that does is put you on an internal (dealer) "list" of people who want a unit. As they arrive from the manufacturer, they offer it to the person @ the top of the list. Depending upon that dealer, you might be 2nd in line at a dealer who has two dozen coming in OR you might be 12th in line at a dealer who has 4 coming in.

Here is one of my earlier posts that describes this. Here is another. And another here.

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This was explained in detail elsewhere on these forums.

Again, when you give a dealer a deposit and place an "order", it has nothing to do with Honda producing a unit specifically for you. All that does is put you on an internal (dealer) "list" of people who want a unit. As they arrive from the manufacturer, they offer it to the person @ the top of the list. Depending upon that dealer, you might be 2nd in line at a dealer who has two dozen coming in OR you might be 12th in line at a dealer who has 4 coming in.

Here is one of my earlier posts that describes this. Here is another. And another here.
I don't disagree. I was simply sharing my experience.

Z

Zigblazer

Dec 28, 2021
NE MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally gave the dealer a call. I figured I'd wait a bit until they knew what was happening this year. I put a deposit on one in December. They have one coming, originally I was second on the list for a base 1000 5 person, now I'm next. However they don't expect to see it until fall. Not sure if they don't have a date for the one coming, or if they just don't trust that it will get here when they were told it will. I was really hoping to have it by July. Guess all I can do is hope.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally gave the dealer a call. I figured I'd wait a bit until they knew what was happening this year. I put a deposit on one in December. They have one coming, originally I was second on the list for a base 1000 5 person, now I'm next. However they don't expect to see it until fall. Not sure if they don't have a date for the one coming, or if they just don't trust that it will get here when they were told it will. I was really hoping to have it by July. Guess all I can do is hope.
I'd stay in that line but start calling other dealers too.

Reactions: Smitty335
T

treeguy27

Sep 27, 2020
Mo
Has anyone heard anything about production of the '22s being increased over last year? Hopefully they have some of the supply chain issues sorted out. I'm now number one on the list at my dealer, after being on it for a year, but they have already received at least one '22 before mine. I'm hoping it's not the same as last year and they only get one or two all year. Getting any information out of the dealer is futile. they just repeat the "We don't know anything" line. Anyone have any insight or hearing anything encouraging from their dealer? Hondatech?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone heard anything about production of the '22s being increased over last year? Hopefully they have some of the supply chain issues sorted out. I'm now number one on the list at my dealer, after being on it for a year, but they have already received at least one '22 before mine. I'm hoping it's not the same as last year and they only get one or two all year. Getting any information out of the dealer is futile. they just repeat the "We don't know anything" line. Anyone have any insight or hearing anything encouraging from their dealer? Hondatech?

Call dealers often, and as far away as you're willing to drive. I called a total of only three dealers (the last of which was recommended by @TexasJackKin). That was a year ago and they had an '21 SE slated to arrive sometime that wasn't spoken for. I put my name on it with no money down (I tried, they said not required). I had my new SE a couple of months later.

T

treeguy27

Sep 27, 2020
Mo
Call dealers often, and as far away as you're willing to drive. I called a total of only three dealers (the last of which was recommended by @TexasJackKin). That was a year ago and they had an '21 SE slated to arrive sometime that wasn't spoken for. I put my name on it with no money down (I tried, they said not required). I had my new SE a couple of months later.
I've found a couple that are available over the last year, but I'm too cheap to pay their outrageous prices. Just today I found the exact machine I'm waiting on at a dealer near me. It's a '22 1000-3 deluxe. They want $25,700 for a model that lists for 18,099. They did add a roof and windshield to it for that price though. The dealer I'm waiting at is selling the machine for under MSRP. Now that I'm number one on the list I'll just wait it out and hope they start receiving them more regularly. I just can't bring myself to pay the price that some of these dealers are charging. Someone will though. I'll have to settle for waiting and reading about all of you current owners' Pioneers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335 and Capn1
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've found a couple that are available over the last year, but I'm too cheap to pay their outrageous prices. Just today I found the exact machine I'm waiting on at a dealer near me. It's a '22 1000-3 deluxe. They want $25,700 for a model that lists for 18,099. They did add a roof and windshield to it for that price though. The dealer I'm waiting at is selling the machine for under MSRP. Now that I'm number one on the list I'll just wait it out and hope they start receiving them more regularly. I just can't bring myself to pay the price that some of these dealers are charging. Someone will though. I'll have to settle for waiting and reading about all of you current owners' Pioneers.
You say you are First in line on the wait list....I think all of us that are waiting have been told that exact same thing, I keep telling myself that "good things come to those that wait"

T

treeguy27

Sep 27, 2020
Mo
You say you are First in line on the wait list....I think all of us that are waiting have been told that exact same thing, I keep telling myself that "good things come to those that wait"
I was 5th originally, and slowly moved up as I checked in throughout the year. Unless they're running a very complex shell game my number should be called sometime. I won't be holding my breath though.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was 5th originally, and slowly moved up as I checked in throughout the year. Unless they're running a very complex shell game my number should be called sometime. I won't be holding my breath though.
I've been first in line since the beginning of December! I was told last week that it should be here sometime in May. I currently have a 700-4 that will be going to a neighbour when my Trail comes in. He is as anxious for the trail to arrive as I am. From some of the post from guys who have taken delivery of the 2022's, I think It will be worth the wait

Reactions: treeguy27
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my wait is nearing the end. Over a year later I got the call my Pioneer came in today. Glad the wait is over but the anticipation is now higher than ever.
@Remington I will get you some pics soon lol, may be a week or so before I can work out details to pick it up from the dealer.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to check and post when my local dealer had ine in stock. People on here chastised me for it so I stopped posting them. This dealer in PA seems to get new ones in regularly. They are being made and delivered, they currently have 2 520s, 2 700-4s and a 1000-5 forest. For anyone who might give a sh!t, it's TracknTrail in State College. Happy hunting!

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its not for me!
Im just a hired gun by the people for the people. ;)
🤣🤣🤣I know, just fun to know you are very good at your job. You should get a raise. 😉

@Remington BTW, I like green too. Was going to get a base and add silver panels (needed a duller color for hunting) but the over a year wait actually paid off. I like the GREEN one too.
I go pick it up Saturday. Having the LED headlights installed before getting it.

My sales guy has been great through the process and is sending me pictures as they add things.

I want to say thanks to so many of the folks here that post great information. Too many to list but this site is awesome and very informative. It also has (like many others have stated) drained my wallet on more than one occasion with all the suggestions. The wife will be happy now I can get my pile of “pioneer crap” out of her way. 😆

More to come…….

AF0E61D7 7830 45F0 A2A0 44C6B9F80DB4 CB177BB7 888C 420E B962 C457E0F2E4BD 892E5E42 8264 4EDE B3BB AD95408619A2

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!