Finally picked up yesterday after putting deposit down last May

3C13E4B2 CE39 459E A5D5 73C9397DF897

A

AZBoatHauler

Jan 28, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did the dealers stop getting 2021's? I haven't noticed anybody picking one up in a while.
Our dealer also said they were expecting a white unit in the next week or two.
Looks like we got lucky - we put down a deposit Tuesday and our vehicle arrived and was delivered Thursday.

G

gklefev

Sep 16, 2021
goodyear
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our dealer also said they were expecting a white unit in the next week or two.
Looks like we got lucky - we put down a deposit Tuesday and our vehicle arrived and was delivered Thursday.
AZboathauler Looks like you need a windshield. If interested let me know. Brand new in box Honda factory flip up full front windshield for $300. I bought a roof from her a few weeks back brand new for $300.

A

AZBoatHauler

Jan 28, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
AZboathauler Looks like you need a windshield. If interested let me know. Brand new in box Honda factory flip up full front windshield for $300. I bought a roof from her a few weeks back brand new for $300.
I’ve got a half deflector on the way.

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sad news. My new 1000-5 was supposed to have shipped on 1/31. Just got an updated list from the dealer. All of the Honda Pioneers on their list have been pushed back to 2/25. :( Oh well, another month to buy more accessories

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This just came from the Honda dealer to me from Honda
Re: STOP SALE NOTICE: 2019-2021 SXS1000S2/S4 Air Funnel Band Screw Inspection and Repair

Dear Honda Dealer:

Honda is issuing a STOP SALE NOTICE on CERTAIN 2019 thru 2021 SXS1000S2/S4, the intake air funnel band screw may have been improperly tightened and the thread deformation process skipped. In this condition, the possibility exists that the screw could disengage from the band and enter the engine through the air intake. A screw that enters the engine could cause sudden loss of engine power resulting in an increased risk of a crash or injury.

Effective immediately, you MUST NOT SELL any affected NEW or USED 2019 - 2021 SXS1000S2/S4 vehicle until it is repaired according to the associated Service Bulletin.

AFFECTED UNITS
CERTAIN 2019 -
2021 SXS1000S2/S4.
  • To search for applicable recalls on a specific unit, you MUST use Unit Information on iN, available January 28, 2022.
  • To manage your affected inventory, use your dealer eResponsibility Report on iN, available January 29, 2022.

SERVICE BULLETIN
Service Bulletin: SXS1000S2/S4 #3, which includes all the information relating to this Safety Recall, is now available in iN.

PARTS INFORMATION
If the air funnel bands and screws are present, no parts are needed for repair. If an air funnel band or screw is missing and cannot be located, the Band Assy. must be replaced. Band Assy. (P/N: 17245-HL6-A00) is under TechLine control. You must contact TechLine to have this part released.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
American Honda intends to mail customer letters to all owners of affected 2019 - 2021 SXS1000S2/S4 vehicles in March 2022. Customers will be informed that their vehicle may be affected by a safety related defect and advised to make an appointment with an authorized Honda dealer for repair.

Make sure all departments in your dealership are aware of this Safety Recall.

If you have any questions, please contact AHM TechLine through TechLine Connect on iN.

Sincerely,
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Powersports Division

Reactions: Lady01
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
This just came from the Honda dealer to me from Honda
Re: STOP SALE NOTICE: 2019-2021 SXS1000S2/S4 Air Funnel Band Screw Inspection and Repair

Dear Honda Dealer:

Honda is issuing a STOP SALE NOTICE on CERTAIN 2019 thru 2021 SXS1000S2/S4, the intake air funnel band screw may have been improperly tightened and the thread deformation process skipped. In this condition, the possibility exists that the screw could disengage from the band and enter the engine through the air intake. A screw that enters the engine could cause sudden loss of engine power resulting in an increased risk of a crash or injury.

Effective immediately, you MUST NOT SELL any affected NEW or USED 2019 - 2021 SXS1000S2/S4 vehicle until it is repaired according to the associated Service Bulletin.

AFFECTED UNITS
CERTAIN 2019 -
2021 SXS1000S2/S4.
  • To search for applicable recalls on a specific unit, you MUST use Unit Information on iN, available January 28, 2022.
  • To manage your affected inventory, use your dealer eResponsibility Report on iN, available January 29, 2022.

SERVICE BULLETIN
Service Bulletin: SXS1000S2/S4 #3, which includes all the information relating to this Safety Recall, is now available in iN.

PARTS INFORMATION
If the air funnel bands and screws are present, no parts are needed for repair. If an air funnel band or screw is missing and cannot be located, the Band Assy. must be replaced. Band Assy. (P/N: 17245-HL6-A00) is under TechLine control. You must contact TechLine to have this part released.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
American Honda intends to mail customer letters to all owners of affected 2019 - 2021 SXS1000S2/S4 vehicles in March 2022. Customers will be informed that their vehicle may be affected by a safety related defect and advised to make an appointment with an authorized Honda dealer for repair.

Make sure all departments in your dealership are aware of this Safety Recall.

If you have any questions, please contact AHM TechLine through TechLine Connect on iN.

Sincerely,
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Powersports Division
That is a recall on the Talon line not Pioneers.

B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just sent this this morning from my Honda dealer. This is what they are saying to me. I don't know what to believe.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I believe you, just trying to figure out if the dealer is BS me. Thanks will look into more
They may not be BS'ing you, they simply could be ignorant to the Honda line of SXS's. If I were you, I would enlighten them on the issue :)

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I will
I was a little nervous when I saw the recall on the forum. It looks like it is just for the Talons. The pioneers are designated as SXS1000M5 or SXS1000M3. The talons are S2's and S4's. Hopefully your rig you are waiting on is on it's way to you but like others have said, you are not the first one the shipping date has been pushed back on.

B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was a little nervous when I saw the recall on the forum. It looks like it is just for the Talons. The pioneers are designated as SXS1000M5 or SXS1000M3. The talons are S2's and S4's. Hopefully your rig you are waiting on is on it's way to you but like others have said, you are not the first one the shipping date has been pushed back on.
Thanks, That's what i hope happen,and they call me next week and said we made a screwed up your SXS is here I'm going to sit back and try and relax and stop worrying about it. Thank All!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You all need to stop waiting/relying on a specific Stealer to magically some day go “POOF” your machine has arrived!
and do like Mr @Scoop did and make some phone calls weekly or even daily to multiple Stealers that will have one that someone backed out on and (no pun intended) scoop it up! Dont be afraid to drive a bit either. If you dont do/try this..complaining aint gonna get you anywhere. If your waiting for Brandon to do it for you, your gonna be waiting a long time! ;)

signed The Green Troll…..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!