Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Good luck. Not a whole lot of dealers in northern MI. I’m just hoping the units promised come in on time. I don’t mind the wait, as planned in my case, but really don’t want it extended to September if you know what I mean.
Apparently you did order from Exterme! 🤨

There good there and good to there word at least when ive bought from them. Good luck!

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. At this point I fully trust them, no reason not too. I do hope Honda follows through on the plan ship date as stated, no issues here.

Wether I order from Extreme or not makes no difference to me, or should to anybody else, as long as the delivery plan follows through. Like I say, I have no problem with them. They seem to be good people and it has been a pleasant experience dealing with them.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks. At this point I fully trust them, no reason not too. I do hope Honda follows through on the plan ship date as stated, no issues here.

Wether I order from Extreme or not makes no difference to me, or should to anybody else, as long as the delivery plan follows through. Like I say, I have no problem with them. They seem to be good people and it has been a pleasant experience dealing with them.
Are you from around there? Or did u just happen to be in the area and order your machine there?

W

wayne foote

Mar 11, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am in Idaho a just got a 1000-5 LE last month. I lucked into mine. I talked to one dealer and they weren't even taking orders. Called another dealer and was told I could put down a deposit for a machine that was due in a couple of months. So I went to the dealer to put down my deposit and in checking their orders they found they had a couple of LEs that were being shipped and not spoken for. I was not looking for the LE model, but since it was available I took it. Then it was only a couple of weeks to get it in and another week for build. The dealer has hundreds of deposits down for various machines. The other LE that came in was bought by a person who came down from Portland, Oregon since he couldn't find one locally.
Honda does seem to be doing a better job at delivery than Yamaha. I was planning on buying a Yamaha Wolverine and had a deposit down for several months. I then got a call from the dealer and was told it would be another couple of months before they may even be allowed to order. That is when I started looking and Honda. Now I am glad I got the Honda instead of the Yamaha.

M

mmccord

Apr 14, 2021
St. Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Situation is the same here in the St. Louis area. Impossible to find any stock within about 250 miles, and we're not seeing any wait list options for the special edition. We were really hoping to find the special edition since we like the gray camo much more than the molasses brown of the LE. Plus, the roof, windscreen, and winch are options we really want anyway. I'm thinking there will be no SE in 2021. :/

H

HondaTech

Situation is the same here in the St. Louis area. Impossible to find any stock within about 250 miles, and we're not seeing any wait list options for the special edition. We were really hoping to find the special edition since we like the gray camo much more than the molasses brown of the LE. Plus, the roof, windscreen, and winch are options we really want anyway. I'm thinking there will be no SE in 2021. :/

The SE was suppose to release last year, but Covid.

South Carolina is at 100%, or we've been told. It's not parts holding them up, its shipping.

Reactions: Lady01
CDeeRON

CDeeRON

May 6, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
My dealer is 10mins from the factory in Timmonsville, I was told parts were the issue last month, also restructuring from Honda of South Carolina to Honda of America is under way. Still June for my 1000-5 SE.

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious I'm new to the side by side market I've had Bombardier (Canam) quads and currently have a Honda Rincon 2009. Decided now that I have a couple grandkids it'd be fun to take out in the woods. A couple of weeks back I put a deposit on a Polaris General XP ($1500) fully returnable of course. The dealer told me a couple of months so I figured that give me plenty of time to really think it through if I really wanted the machine. Well after thinking it about while on vacation for 10 days I hated the CanAm belt noice which is why a bought the Rincon (2009 bought used with less than 100 miles from a guy who's son towed his dragster out to the track and back).
So I love the Rincon power steering not included but it's alway been reliable and quite while putt'n along on the trails and side roads while hunting. So I canceled it today and currently looking at the Pioneer 1000 I found a dealer who has the SE model coming in July and I'm thinking on putting a hold on it its the five seat model (kinda wanted the 3 seat). My question, he gave me an out the door price (tax, license freight da da da) of $27000 I see what its listed price is on line and I'm wondering if its a fair price? Thanks in advance for any input......

• Angry
Reactions: tdhanses and Lady01
Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious I'm new to the side by side market I've had Bombardier (Canam) quads and currently have a Honda Rincon 2009. Decided now that I have a couple grandkids it'd be fun to take out in the woods. A couple of weeks back I put a deposit on a Polaris General XP ($1500) fully returnable of course. The dealer told me a couple of months so I figured that give me plenty of time to really think it through if I really wanted the machine. Well after thinking it about while on vacation for 10 days I hated the CanAm belt noice which is why a bought the Rincon (2009 bought used with less than 100 miles from a guy who's son towed his dragster out to the track and back).
So I love the Rincon power steering not included but it's alway been reliable and quite while putt'n along on the trails and side roads while hunting. So I canceled it today and currently looking at the Pioneer 1000 I found a dealer who has the SE model coming in July and I'm thinking on putting a hold on it its the five seat model (kinda wanted the 3 seat). My question, he gave me an out the door price (tax, license freight da da da) of $27000 I see what its listed price is on line and I'm wondering if its a fair price? Thanks in advance for any input......
I think some here spoke of the SE model being no cheaper than getting a lesser model and buying all the accessories separately. $27K seems pricey to me when the powerplant is the same as the other models.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think some here spoke of the SE model being no cheaper than getting a lesser model and buying all the accessories separately. $27K seems pricey to me when the powerplant is the same as the other models.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You are exactly right. I belive those SE’s wont sell as fast as they think cuz of that. Then you'll see them at a much more reasonable price from the dealer. The only reason they might sell fast imo is the supply and demand right now and some paying anything for one.

CDeeRON

CDeeRON

May 6, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
my OTD on 1000-5 SE without tax (farm use) 24884

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I need a farm that's the trick.....I'll look into it :) So minus the tax he was in the ball park to what you ended up paying. So how to do you like the machine?

CDeeRON

CDeeRON

May 6, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
So I need a farm that's the trick.....I'll look into it :) So minus the tax he was in the ball park to what you ended up paying. So how to do you like the machine?
It won't be here until June, MSRP 23,999 + 870 destination charge = 24869, title fee is 15 where I live

B

Blue Ground Beetle

Apr 19, 2021
Goose Rock, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
My deposit on a 520 got me the last one local dealer had allocated. Put me at the end of August :(

Message from Dealer to acknowledge customers wanting to buy one.

Unfortunately the Honda SXS520's that have been allocated to us have deposits on them so they are all spoken for.

It's possible we may see more allocations, but we don't know until Honda issues them to us and there is no set time that Honda does that.

B

BBOOTH

Apr 12, 2019
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
put $500 down on the 1 new 1000-5SE that is allocated to my local dealer.... was quoted $23,999 + $940 freight ($24,939)…. was emailed today that the ship date is May 28th.... keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Reactions: boOkerT and Lady01
Kaseygirl

Kaseygirl

Dec 20, 2020
Hunter NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Dang. This thread doesn't have me optimistic at all about the wait. I was looking to order one here pretty soon. What was the deposit that you guys had to put down? A place up here has one (their website says) but I am leaning towards ordering to be able to get all the accessories without paying for install.
I just put down 500 on a pioneer 1000 special edition I was told it should be coming in end of March and I should have it by beginning of June

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just put down 500 on a pioneer 1000 special edition I was told it should be coming in end of March and I should have it by beginning of June
Coming in at rend of March but u cant pick it up till June! WTF kinda dealer is that? Or am I missing something?

i would think if its there in marxh, u should have it at the end of march.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!