Estimated delivery timing?

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Order placed for 700-4D approx. 3/25. Initial factory to dealer ship date given was 5/1. We were told on 5/7 that the ship date has been changing by the day. Revised ship date given was 5/8. Unit was delivered to dealer on 5/12. Expect to receive unit on about 5/19. All good here!

T

Thunder337

May 15, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When do they typically switch to the new model year? Are they making a color change on the LE?

Reactions: Lady01
B

Bobmil417

Apr 6, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I called and put $1000 down and $500 to hold a 700-4 deluxe April first. Was told they was expecting a shipment sometime in april but didn't know a date. I called a couple weeks later said some time in April is all they know and that Honda doesn't give an exact date. Called may 1st and they said any day now. Almost 2 weeks later I called to check and they said they didn't know when and they are still waiting and would call when it arrives. Very frustrating

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Honda gives the dealers an estimated ship date. Then once shipped they get another notification. Possibly your dealer may be taking deposits on vehicles not yet ordered. Dealers spec out (various models etc.) their orders to the manufacturers and intern know what they will be delivered well in advance with the only question being when will they be shipped from the factory. Those delivery notices and the like help the dealers with their financing of incoming units (payments to manufacturer), as well as, selling the incoming units to the customer. Bobmil I think your dealer is giving you the run around.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda gives the dealers an estimated ship date. Then once shipped they get another notification. Possibly your dealer may be taking deposits on vehicles not yet ordered. Dealers spec out (various models etc.) their orders to the manufacturers and intern know what they will be delivered well in advance with the only question being when will they be shipped from the factory. Those delivery notices and the like help the dealers with their financing of incoming units (payments to manufacturer), as well as, selling the incoming units to the customer. Bobmil I think your dealer is giving you the run around.
Pretty much same story I'm getting at my dealer. I hope they are not jerking my chain also! I have projects that I need it for that I lined up when they first told me late May. Moved to June 29 now it's ???? Anyone know for certain what the hold-up is?

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Have seen, heard: Covid 19 effecting assembly plant workers, trucking issues due to Covid, parts shortage due to supply chain problems from Asia, the shutdown of the South Carolina factory last year, model change over to the 2022 models this year, aluminum and steel market/supply, even a shortage of steering wheels. Hey, there's probably another hundred of excuses the dealers and others may give. All leads to allot of finger pointing.

I have no idea when our machine was ordered by the dealer, we made the deal to buy 3/25 off a list of machines that were to be shipped. At the time factory ship date was 5/1. The machine was shipped 5/8.

Hope things work out for you. It can be a frustrating wait!

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
J

Jarret

May 4, 2021
Ennismore
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I put $500 down on a Camo 700-4 on May 6th. The dealer told me June or July. I have my Ranger that I’m going to keep until it gets here. I’m in Lindsay Ontario.

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting my 1000-5 SE from the same dealer as TexasJackKin is getting his LE. Mine is tentatively supposed to ship today, and be here in a week or two (I hope). I just lucked into the SE, it was on the dealer's allocation and nobody had spoken for it yet. No deposit required (and I tried a couple of times). Price is $23,998.

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last I heard, was my L.E. should be ready to pick up this week, although I haven't heard that they actually have it yet, but I'm still optimistic. On 5/11, I was told it was at the the Long Beach WH, carrier pick up is in the next couple days. You all will be among the first to know, and yes I know about pictures when it happens!

P

Piercej40

May 16, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called 17 different Honda dealers in 3 states before I found one that had just what I was looking for. It is scheduled to arrive in mid June. These things are like finding a needle in a haystack. And the dealers know they are hard to get so they won't move on the price. So right now I consider myself to be lucky to get one (2021 P1K5 deluxe) in 4 weeks from the time I put down a deposit.

J

Jsquared

Mar 3, 2020
Nashville TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going on 9weeks of waiting since I placed my deposit. 1000-5 deluxe (white). Only really seeing a couple red ones delivered here and there. On the upside, boating season is here so I’ll be doing that while I wait on the Honda.

N

Naganalf

May 19, 2021
Central IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually I didn't! I just stopped in my local dealer a few weeks ago and told him I was interested. I've been looking for a used one but they're so damn expensive I just started to consider a new one. So he called me today and said he had 4 scheduled to ship 6/29 and one red deluxe that wasn't spoken for. So I told him I'd take it.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, my dealer called me today and said mine should be here 6/29
I bought my white deluxe April 5th over the phone with the same promised delivery date of June 29th. It was actually the last of eight that hadn't been spoken for when I inquired. I guess that made color choice easier for me. I called a week ago after seeing others get their delivery date shoved around but my sales guy said the date hadn't changed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!