Estimated delivery timing?

L

Logdog10

Apr 11, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Wrong part of the forum, I know, but has anyone heard/seen anything about the Talon SE? I’ve been waiting on mine for a little over 2 months now and with the emergence of real life pioneer SE models I’m hoping the talon’s are right there with them.

J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC
Don't know if it's true but I thought I read the Fox shocks were the current holdup for the Talon SE's. The Pioneer's don't use them and some competitor products that use the same Fox's are having delays as well.

Of course it could have nothing to do with it either, not like Honda tells us anything.

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know if it's true but I thought I read the Fox shocks were the current holdup for the Talon SE's. The Pioneer's don't use them and some competitor products that use the same Fox's are having delays as well.

Of course it could have nothing to do with it either, not like Honda tells us anything.

My understanding is that both the P1000 LE and SE models use Fox QS-3 shocks.

B

Brick 1972

Jun 18, 2021
Nc
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Picked up today,can’t wait to test it out this weekend 😁

1A687122 1590 4512 BB76 BEE12565032C

N

Nowiser

Apr 10, 2021
MN
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I put my deposit down on a base model in April for an August 6th delivery date. I just called to have them order a winch and roof and was told the delivery moved from August 6th to “sometime in September, hopefully.” Not what I wanted to hear, but not a big deal in the scope of things.

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just talked to Justin at Big Valley Honda in Reno (where TexasJackKin bought his), they have my SE in the back room and should have it ready for pick up by tomorrow or Saturday latest. Looks like the flood gates on the SE have finally opened. Total wait time for mine will end up being just under 7 weeks. Not bad.
I'm excited for you! After you get it "broke in" we'll need to ride! Your place or mine.....

Reactions: Lady01 and bumperm
J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC
The Talon SE's are Talon Live Valve editions with some upgrades and uses the Fox Podium 2.5 shocks w/Live Valve.

My understanding for the Pioneer 1000SE is a 1000LE with some upgrades and uses Fox Quick Switch 3 shocks.

That was the speculation on why Pioneer SE's are shipping and the Talon SE's have not yet.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put deposit down on a 1000-5 deluxe on 6/11/2021. I am already tired of waiting.

I don't see how people have waited months!

Ugh. Dealer just texted that shipping date changed to 8/30. Was supposed to ship on 6/14

The irony of these two posts. Sorry man. We've definitely been seeing these promised dates slip .... ALOT. Hopefully it makes you a happy owner when you do get it.

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I don't get an update phone call on June 29th I'm moving on to another dealer a little farther south of where my current dealer and has a machine or at least they did yesterday....

S

sebowen

Jun 18, 2021
Spring, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need to start a list of dealers that actually have them. It's not the dealers fault. I'm sure they want to sell to us!

But if there is a dealer out there that has it and wants my money....well...
I'm looking for a red or white one!

Reactions: Lady01
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I don't get an update phone call on June 29th I'm moving on to another dealer a little farther south of where my current dealer and has a machine or at least they did yesterday....
Don't wait, just go get it. That's what I did. Not the color I wanted but glad to have it under my backside. I've been putting it through its paces trail riding, yard work and cutting firewood. So far it has handled everything I threw at it in stride.

Reactions: Lady01
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need to start a list of dealers that actually have them. It's not the dealers fault. I'm sure they want to sell to us!

But if there is a dealer out there that has it and wants my money....well...
I'm looking for a red or white one!
Call all the dealers you can find. I was off for 3 weeks and called dealers every day. I had money down at 2 different dealers for a camo p1K5 Deluxe. I called a local dealer and found a red one in the showroom. He had lists as long as your leg for white and camo. He said Nobody had there name on a red one. I took it.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What 05Willys said. When I started looking, first week of May, none of the nearby dealers had any P1000's and they were saying 3 to 4 months. I was specifically looking for an SE but would have settled for another model if need be. After recognizing TexasJackKin from another forum we both frequent, I gave him a call. He was waiting for his at Big Valley Honda in Reno, so I called them too. That worked out very well.

When I was picking up mine today, I asked what their take on the cause of stoppage was. They thought it was a number of factors, all related to parts supply issues, chips, tires, shocks, whatever. That, compounded by problems shipping out the few units that did get assembled. The dealer was not getting 20% of the inventory they were selling before. Hopefully that's improving.

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What 05Willys said. When I started looking, first week of May, none of the nearby dealers had any P1000's and they were saying 3 to 4 months. I was specifically looking for an SE but would have settled for another model if need be. After recognizing TexasJackKin from another forum we both frequent, I gave him a call. He was waiting for his at Big Valley Honda in Reno, so I called them too. That worked out very well.

When I was picking up mine today, I asked what their take on the cause of stoppage was. They thought it was a number of factors, all related to parts supply issues, chips, tires, shocks, whatever. That, compounded by problems shipping out the few units that did get assembled. The dealer was not getting 20% of the inventory they were selling before. Hopefully that's improving.
So, you got it yesterday? and I didn't even get a text??? Just when I was starting to think we were buddies...:eek: Congrats! and keep me posted!......

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, you got it yesterday? and I didn't even get a text??? Just when I was starting to think we were buddies...:eek: Congrats! and keep me posted!......

Buddies? Well, yeah, I didn't want to strain our friendship . . . you live closer to the dealer than me. Didn't want you tempted into charging down there and buying before me so you could flip-it for a few thou' over. Probably rightly thinking I'd be your first customer! :rolleyes:

L

Logdog10

Apr 11, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So tomorrow's the day supposedly that my vehicle is shipping along with others on this forum it should be interesting. I got the feeling mine won't be making it the delivery!
Yep same. I imagine that I will be calling the dealer on Wednesday wanting an update and the response will be a delivery date moved to the end of July 🙄

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!