P500 Exhaust pipe.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Maybe a look at the parts diagram will help. If it's one piece there will be one part number.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
NTAxMTA3Mg-1ed48ba3.png

Reactions: Rdrcr and Backwoods
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
That's the thing, unless I'm overlooking it I don't see a number for the "pipe" itself. Neither the parts diagram or the repair manual show clear enough drawings for me to tell.
I haven't had the chance to look at mine real close but it looks like it has separated. In the above drawing the separation looks to be at the line between #16 & #17 (hope that makes sense). It doesn't look like a break because neither side of the separation looks broken. Both ends look like it was made in two sections but I can't tell how they were joined.

Last edited:
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
That's the thing, unless I'm overlooking it I don't see a number for the "pipe" itself. Neither the parts diagram or the repair manual show clear enough drawings for me to tell.
I haven't had the chance to look at mine real close but it looks like it has separated. In the above drawing the separation looks to be at the line between #16 & #17 (hope that makes sense). It doesn't look like a break because neither side of the separation looks broken. Both ends look like it was made in two sections but I can't tell how they were joined.
#3 it a one piece exhaust

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It looks like the exhaust is one piece #3.

Reactions: Backwoods
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I went and looked again. I was hoping #3 was just the muffler because Partszilla wants almost $550 for it. When I get the chance I'll look at mine again, like I said the ends look like a perfect cut and not a break.
Edited to ad: also when it failed it failed all at once not over time.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, I went and looked again. I was hoping #3 was just the muffler because Partszilla wants almost $550 for it. When I get the chance I'll look at mine again, like I said the ends look like a perfect cut and not a break.
Well, if it did separate have it welded instead of spending that kind of money.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!