P500 Exhaust pipe.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Maybe a look at the parts diagram will help. If it's one piece there will be one part number.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
NTAxMTA3Mg-1ed48ba3.png

Reactions: Rdrcr and Backwoods
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
That's the thing, unless I'm overlooking it I don't see a number for the "pipe" itself. Neither the parts diagram or the repair manual show clear enough drawings for me to tell.
I haven't had the chance to look at mine real close but it looks like it has separated. In the above drawing the separation looks to be at the line between #16 & #17 (hope that makes sense). It doesn't look like a break because neither side of the separation looks broken. Both ends look like it was made in two sections but I can't tell how they were joined.

Last edited:
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
That's the thing, unless I'm overlooking it I don't see a number for the "pipe" itself. Neither the parts diagram or the repair manual show clear enough drawings for me to tell.
I haven't had the chance to look at mine real close but it looks like it has separated. In the above drawing the separation looks to be at the line between #16 & #17 (hope that makes sense). It doesn't look like a break because neither side of the separation looks broken. Both ends look like it was made in two sections but I can't tell how they were joined.
#3 it a one piece exhaust

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It looks like the exhaust is one piece #3.

Reactions: Backwoods
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I went and looked again. I was hoping #3 was just the muffler because Partszilla wants almost $550 for it. When I get the chance I'll look at mine again, like I said the ends look like a perfect cut and not a break.
Edited to ad: also when it failed it failed all at once not over time.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, I went and looked again. I was hoping #3 was just the muffler because Partszilla wants almost $550 for it. When I get the chance I'll look at mine again, like I said the ends look like a perfect cut and not a break.
Well, if it did separate have it welded instead of spending that kind of money.

advertisement