P1000 Exhaust Tip

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there have been a couple threads about this already but nothing answering this specific question really...

Has anyone found a production exhaust tip for the factory muffler? One with a much larger pipe or opening? With the tip/spark arrestor out it sounds soooo good. I removed the spark arrest or and it didn't change much if at all, so I drilled two 3/4" holes in the first plate inside the muffler and still basically no change. So I've determined it must be the small diameter curved tip that muffles the sound. So I want a tip that has like a 2" pipe or something, and maybe just a short 45 degree bend instead of the long 90.

Please tell me I can just buy this somewhere lol. I could maybe get my brother to weld up a stainless one, but it would look like a hack job probably haha.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton drilled his and it sounds good.

Also, there’s a guy making the tips on the Facebook page.

I'm not real good with facebook. Does he post on the hondasxs page or does he have his own? How exactly do i find him on, the facebook LOL.

J

JTW

@knuckledeep did you still yours? 16321F5B AFC9 4FC2 8997 E67AC4276252

W

WhiskeyBentMotorsports

Nov 6, 2019
Kimball Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there have been a couple threads about this already but nothing answering this specific question really...

Has anyone found a production exhaust tip for the factory muffler? One with a much larger pipe or opening? With the tip/spark arrestor out it sounds soooo good. I removed the spark arrest or and it didn't change much if at all, so I drilled two 3/4" holes in the first plate inside the muffler and still basically no change. So I've determined it must be the small diameter curved tip that muffles the sound. So I want a tip that has like a 2" pipe or something, and maybe just a short 45 degree bend instead of the long 90.

Please tell me I can just buy this somewhere lol. I could maybe get my brother to weld up a stainless one, but it would look like a hack job probably haha.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't get it?
Send a plate of stainless off to a laser guy. maybe $10 in material and labor to have a 4x8 sheet cut out.
Your adapter doesn't appear to be anything special you manufacture in house. Looks like a piece of 2"NPS stainless pipe in a sched 5 or 10.
So at the top end, maybe $25 in materials? And you need $50 to lay a bead around it? I think I shall go digging in my scrap bin. I'd bet I could offer you a lifetime supply of 2.5"x.065 304 stainless that doesn't meet my customer specs for scrap weight.
You aren't dealing with RZR folks with deep pockets that want the latest and greatest no matter the cost.
Maybe you should offer credit to the person that came up with the design years ago and even offered a parts list in his build thread......

W

WhiskeyBentMotorsports

Nov 6, 2019
Kimball Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't get it?
Send a plate of stainless off to a laser guy. maybe $10 in material and labor to have a 4x8 sheet cut out.
Your adapter doesn't appear to be anything special you manufacture in house. Looks like a piece of 2"NPS stainless pipe in a sched 5 or 10.
So at the top end, maybe $25 in materials? And you need $50 to lay a bead around it? I think I shall go digging in my scrap bin. I'd bet I could offer you a lifetime supply of 2.5"x.065 304 stainless that doesn't meet my customer specs for scrap weight.
You aren't dealing with RZR folks with deep pockets that want the latest and greatest no matter the cost.
Maybe you should offer credit to the person that came up with the design years ago and even offered a parts list in his build thread......
Like I said by the time it's all done I dont make much on them. Truth be told I loose money on the spark arrestor cause it costs me almost $20 but I cant justify my customer paying that much. So If you can make them cheaper then go ahead I'm not offended at all. But instead of taking the effort to verbally go after my product and price why dont you build and offer them at your cheaper price. As for credit I never seen that parts list it's just a simple fix that's easy to figure out.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I looked into the DYI on this a few months back and it would cost me $55-60 after tax and shipping then I still had to weld it. he is selling it for $85 and ship it. I don't think thats that bad. Say $10 in shipping he makes $20 He has to build it and take the time to ship it. He lives in Gods county good ole USA so he has to pay 25-35% tax (and self employed so heath insurance is like $2000 a month) on it so now he makes $15 also being he lives in the USA and is just a regular guy like me and you he isn't making 500 at a time out of china so it takes him longer say total 1hr thats $15hr I want work for that and I'm sure he can't also so it sounds like we have a choice. (We including myself have to decide do we want to pay more and help our fellow Americans and Country or save money and buy from china) Personally I'm working hard at trying to get better at this.

A- make it ourselves (Not a bad choice)
B- pay a man a little more money to make a quality part in the USA and help him feed his family
C- be like me to cheap and just wish I had one lol

Parts needed +bolts and drill bit and welding machine
McMaster-Carr

DIXON B2S-G200P BRADFORD BUTT WELD ELBOWS POLISHED

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GU7FMU/?tag=sxsweb24-20

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't think these would work In Oregon as we have this rule. Qualifications for OHV Spark Arresters
The qualification standard requires spark arresters to be permanently marked with the model number and manufacturer’s name or trademark. Whenever contact is made with an OHV, regardless of what type of machine is used, a spark arrester inspection should be made.
From today till Christmas use coupon code xmas10 and get 10% off your order.
www.whiskeybentmotorsports.com

View attachment 170481

Don't think these would work In Oregon as we have this rule.
Qualifications for OHV Spark Arresters
The qualification standard requires spark arresters to be permanently marked with the model number and manufacturer’s name or trademark. Whenever contact is made with an OHV, regardless of what type of machine is used, a spark arrester inspection should be made.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!