P1000 Exhaust Tip

Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
May not be the place to ask, but is there a trick to getting the tip off? Just broke the first bolt and can't replace it at this exact moment. Should I heat the exhaust up first or are they just gonna break on me

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would definitely heat it up first. I did mine 2 or 3 years ago and the machine was fairly new so all 3 came out fairly easily. I just ordered a stainless elbow, took it to a friend's fabricating shop, he cut off the old tip and welded on the new one. I used never seize on the bolts when I put them back in.
IMG 0211

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
May not be the place to ask, but is there a trick to getting the tip off? Just broke the first bolt and can't replace it at this exact moment. Should I heat the exhaust up first or are they just gonna break on me
Need to be cold a constant slow pressure against the bolt They probly was put in to tight . If they're rusted you might put some wd 40 on them and let them soak before removing them.

Reactions: Isaiah
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The bolts usually gald and damage the threads, no one I know uses ice to remove a damaged bolt. Heat expands the female threads and allows for easier removal. Like I said before, use antiseize on bolt installation, makes for easier removal next time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!