drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you mounted the camera back into the cab you'd still see the terrain but also driver input and the front end of the machine negotiating through the trees etc. That would make these trail videos even better IMHO.
Al
Yea, maybe down the road.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you mounted the camera back into the cab you'd still see the terrain but also driver input and the front end of the machine negotiating through the trees etc. That would make these trail videos even better IMHO.
Al

I tried that in my Rzr and it didn't work as planned. So much of your vision is blocked by the driver/passsenger and looking through the windshield with a camera is less than pleasing. I can try it again this weekend on my pioneer but I'm not very optimistic. I've been wrong before (only once) so it's possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ordered the Virb XE Auto Racing model and will be here tomorrow. The new Ultra 30 has to have the case to be waterproof and to hook vehicle power to it, you have to remove the case. DrF sold me on the camera watching his videos!

Reactions: AlR and joeymt33
advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tried that in my Rzr and it didn't work as planned. So much of your vision is blocked by the driver/passsenger and looking through the windshield with a camera is less than pleasing. I can try it again this weekend on my pioneer but I'm not very optimistic. I've been wrong before (only once) so it's possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is when I had my RZR... But I tried it in the pioneer and came out better... I'll do a video next week maybe

Reactions: AlR
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since you said please
20170224 1238021

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Ordered the Virb XE Auto Racing model and will be here tomorrow. The new Ultra 30 has to have the case to be waterproof and to hook vehicle power to it, you have to remove the case. DrF sold me on the camera watching his videos!

My wife will not be pleased that I'll be buying another toy (a VIRB). I'll tell her it's a safety thing!
Al

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@drfubar the new camera location makes it look like you are moving right along.
Like 15 ~ 20 mph.
In the older videos of you and Delton at the Gulf it looks like you are only going 1 or 2 mph.

1) Do you think the camera angle creates an optical illusion that make it appear that you are going faster?
Is it possible that @Delton is just really slow so any footage with him included is slow (2).
A third idea, is there an optical illusion when Delton is in the frame it makes the video look like it's really slow weather it is or not?
Fourth hypothesis: the little numbers in the corner of the frame play a trick on the mind making you think Delton is going slow.

I'm going with #3, and calling it the Delton effect.

I really appreciate the videos you uploaded this last week.
Thanks for taking the time to share.

Last edited:
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@drfubar the new camera location makes it look like you are moving right along.
Like 15 ~ 20 mph.
In the older videos of you and Delton at the Gulf it looks like you are only going 1 or 2 mph.

1) Do you think the camera angle creates an optical illusion that make it appear that you are going faster?
Is it possible that @Delton

I really appreciate the videos you uploaded this last week.
Thanks for taking the time to share.

Thank you. Nice to hear someone who appreciates that.

Samsung G-7 Active

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!