P700 EZSteer power steering missing wiring harness

E

ericm

Jan 2, 2017
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I installed the EZsteer kit today on my 700P2. It's missing the last part of wiring harness that goes back to the battery under the seat. The power harness is only about 2' long and ends with a ring terminal for ground, male bullet connector on the + lead, and a two pin square plug on the white switched power lead. That one doesn't match anything I can find under the hood.

Anyone else have this happen?

Reactions: Tramguage1
B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I installed the EZsteer kit today on my 700P2. It's missing the last part of wiring harness that goes back to the battery under the seat. The power harness is only about 2' long and ends with a ring terminal for ground, male bullet connector on the + lead, and a two pin square plug on the white switched power lead. That one doesn't match anything I can find under the hood.

how hard was the install? looking to buy this upgrade myself

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
white wire gets spliced into a switched 12v source, the instructions on-line show the white wire getting a blue scotch lock connector to connect it I'm not sure why yours has a connector on it. As long as you have the plugs that go into the control box you should be able to make it work.

Reactions: Tflynn
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds like they have made a mistake for sure. Mine had the long wire harness to reach under the seat with BOTH wires having ring terminals on it. The white wire didn't have a terminal on it. If you look at the instructions on page 2. Fig J is showing a short wire, while towards the end it shows the whole harness. So somehow they must have sent the short wire harness. On mine I had wire running from the battery to my winch contactor under the hood so I just hooked on there. That might be an option for you. Definitely don't get too disappointed because this is the definitely one of the best accessories yet. http://www.superatv.com/instructions/IN-PS-3-37.pdf

Reactions: Tflynn
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
how hard was the install? looking to buy this upgrade myself
It was a fairly straight forward install and definitely worth the money. With my wife's help it took me about 45 minutes to put it on. I didn't remove anything (dash, fender, c clip), just removed the hood. If you do it this way it definitely helps having the extra person. Like I said above I just hooked the wires under the hood to my winch contactor, so running back to the battery would of took a little more time. Good luck. And if you enter the coupon code "Hondaforum" it will save a little money on superatv website.

Reactions: bigbruse
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

is you kit the one from EZ Steer? Is it the correct kit for the Honda?

E

ericm

Jan 2, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-2
45 minutes! It took me most of a day. I've been working on cars and motorcycles for 40 years. I do take my time and try to be careful.
I removed the door, side panel and fender. Had to unfasten the dash and pull it up in order to remove the fender. I could not get the shift knobs off but with them on I could pull the dash up enough to get to the fender bolts under it. Pulling the dash up makes it easier to get to the C clip on the steering shaft.

My part J wiring harness is about 3' like I described above. I'll call SuperATV tomorrow.

I ordered it from Amazon. Perhaps I should have gotten it direct from SuperATV.

It's not in the instructions but there's a removeable panel behind the radiator that directs air downwards. It attaches to the cross bar that the PS motor mounts on, using some push pins at the top and tabs at the bottom that fit into holes. You have to remove it to fit the motor mount. But with some trimming it can be put back on. It'd be best to fit it before fitting the motor mount. If you try to fit it afterwards you'll have to trim more off to get it in.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I left that panel out after install. but after the first test drive I trimmed it and reinstalled it.

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Call the company that you order it from and let them know you are missing a part. They will ship it to you at no cost, or should.

There are several threads on install of the power steering that can help. Some have done the full removal route and some just the minimum. I did not remove the dash but did remove the fender. It was easier getting to the steering linkage that way.

Reactions: Tramguage1
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
It took me about 2hrs to install mine with no help. I only removed the left front fender. It wasn't a very difficult install and works great. I highly recommend getting power steering if you don't have it.

advertisement
C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
My father in law and I installed mine. I only removed the hood and drivers fender. You don't have to remove the C clip to do the job. Took us a little more than a couple hours, but well worth it. I have a BOSS V plow on mine, and the power steering makes it a breeze to steer now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

E

ericm

Jan 2, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-2
I messaged the vendor on Amazon and they shipped the correct harness last Monday. It arrived today and I installed it this evening. Steering is much lighter now. Backing it out of the garage and down to the barn at night made me realize that there's no reverse lights. I'll need to put in a rear work light. And a windscreen and mirrors.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!